Seats are also a buck, but other available option groups can turn the demonic Challenger into a civilized driver.
True to the word, the world’s fastest quarter-mile production car as certified by the National Hot Rod Association does indeed check in well under $100,000. In fact, the $84,995 base price for the 2018 Challenger SRT Demon includes a $1,700 gas guzzler tax, with a $1,095 destination charge being the only fine-print add-on. Furthermore, most of the desirable options – including the all-important Demon Crate – can each be had for just a single Washington greenback.
As far as those “desirable options” go, they include a cloth passenger seat, cloth or leather rear seat, trunk carpeting, and the Demon Crate, which Dodge says contains $6,140 worth of parts and tools. The performance items in the crate include the skinny drag-spec front wheels and tires, conical air filter, two valve stems, a passenger mirror block-off plate, a replacement instrument panel switch with the high-octane button, and the all-important performance PCM needed to unlock the Demon’s 840 horsepower.
Tools include a hydraulic floor jack, cordless impact wrench with charger, a torque wrench, tire pressure gauge, fender cover, and a tool bag. The Demon Crate also includes a special foam case that installs neatly into the Challenger’s truck to hold the drag wheels and track tools.
Furthermore, most of the desirable options – including the all-important Demon Crate – can each be had for just a single Washington greenback.
If we total everything up to make the Demon passenger friendly with its full performance potential, the price comes to $86,094. That’s a heck of a lot of coin for a Dodge Challenger, but considering all the drag-specific features it has – line lock, transbrake, drag-tuned suspension, the nifty After-Run Cooler – it suddenly doesn’t seem so crazy. Ask anyone who’s built a proper drag car just how quickly things add up, and don’t forget – Dodge offers all this with a full factory warranty, including three years / 36,000 miles for the car and five years / 60,000 for the powertrain.
But wait, there’s more.
For those who want more than a Demon with seats, Dodge offers a range of option packages that can make the ferocious drag racer downright livable for every day use. The Leather Front Seat Group for $1,595 will add leather heated/cooled seats up front with floormats, bright pedals, and a heated steering wheel with power tilt/telescoping functions. The $995 Comfort Audio Group will give you an 18-speaker Harman Kardon 900-watt sound system with dual subwoofers. Combine the leather and audio packages for $2,495, and if you “must have a sunroof” (Dodge’s words, not ours), it’ll set you back $4,995.
Outside, Dodge will paint the Demon your choice of 15 different colors. If the flared fenders with the massive hood scoop doesn't satisfy your need to stand out, an optional $3,495 Black Satin Graphics Package will turn the hood, roof and decklid black regardless of exterior color. And since the Demon will likely become something of a collectible item, owners will have a variety of neat tidbits like special manuals, documents, and their names attached to Demon Crates, provided they shell out the extra dollar for the option.
It seems a no-brainer that buyers will opt for the seats and the crate, but the other packages are something of a surprise. Adding the weight of a full leather interior and massive sound system will certainly hurt the Demon’s performance, but it’s easy to see buyers checking the extra option boxes regardless of the consequences. Even well-equipped, the Demon still fulfills Dodge's promise to retail comfortably under the six-figure mark, though with production limited to just 3,300, dealer market adjustments will likely throw all these prices out the window anyway.
Demon production will begin later in the summer, with cars arriving to dealers in the fall.
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Options
Dodge Announces Pricing for 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon — Owners Can Unleash Full Power for $1
New Dodge Challenger SRT Demon starts at a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $84,995 (including $1,700 gas guzzler tax, excluding $1,095 destination); Demon Crate and options available to owners for $1
- Exclusive, personalized and serialized Demon Crate offers components that unleash the Challenger SRT Demon’s 840 horsepower, 770 lb.-ft. of torque and full potential at the drag strip; available to owners for $1
- First-ever, factory-production car with driver’s seat only; front passenger seat, available for $1
- Rear seat available in leather or cloth for $1
- Demon trunk carpet kit available for $1
- Highest horsepower V-8 production car engine ever produced
- First-ever front-wheel lift in production car as certified by Guinness World Records
- World’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds and 140 miles per hour (mph) as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA)
- World’s fastest 0-60 production car: 2.3 seconds
- 0-30 miles per hour: 1.0 second
- Highest g-force acceleration of any production car: 1.8 g
- Challenger SRT Demon is covered by FCA US LLC factory warranty, including three-year/36,000-mile limited vehicle warranty and five-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage
- Production of limited-edition, serialized, single model-year (3,000 United States/300 Canada) Challenger SRT Demon begins later this summer; deliveries to Dodge//SRT dealers to begin this fall
- All customers who buy the new 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon receive one full-day session at Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving
May 23, 2017 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, the most powerful muscle car ever with 808 horsepower, starts at a U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $84,995 (including $1,700 gas guzzler tax, excluding $1,095 destination). Challenger SRT Demon owners who want to unleash its full potential at the drag strip – and its full 840 horsepower and 770 lb.-ft. of torque – can do so for $1 (MSRP).
“Eighty-five thousand dollars is not just a number in a business case to Dodge; we know it's a lot of money and a significant up-charge over a Challenger Hellcat,” said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Cars – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and FIAT, FCA North America. “We worked very hard to build as much value into the Challenger SRT Demon as possible – features, performance and exclusivity that simply can't be duplicated with a goal of maintaining, and possibly even growing, as much future value as possible.”
The limited-production Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is the first-ever production car to do a front-wheel lift, as certified by Guinness World Records, and it’s the world’s fastest quarter-mile production car with an elapsed time (ET) of 9.65 seconds at 140 miles per hour (mph), as certified by National Hot Rod Association (NHRA). It also registers the highest g-force (1.8 g) ever recorded at launch in a production car.
While the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon remains a livable street car, every component was scrutinized and optimized for weight, capability and durability on the strip. The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon includes key standard features unique to Dodge’s ultimate performance halo, including:
- Supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI® Demon V-8 with 808 horsepower and 717 lb.-ft. of torque
- TorqueFlite 8HP90 eight-speed automatic transmission with factory-production car exclusive TransBrake
- Standard with one seat, a premium cloth-covered driver seat
- Standard cloth seat includes Ballistic II inserts with silver embroidered Demon head logo
- Standard line lock engages the front brakes to hold the Challenger SRT Demon stationary but leaves the rear wheels free for a burnout to heat up and clean the rear tires
- Brembo lightweight high-performance brake system with two-piece rotors
- 3.09 rear axle ratio for improved off-the-line acceleration
- After-Run Cooler, a factory-production car first, helps the Challenger SRT Demon get ready for the next run as quickly as possible by running the cooling fan and the low-temperature circuit coolant pump after engine shutdown
- First-ever factory-production car with innovative SRT Power Chiller™ liquid-to-air intercooler chiller system
- Air-Grabber™ induction system includes the largest functional hood scoop (45.2 square inches) of any production car
- Torque Reserve delivers increased levels of power and torque at launch
- A flat-bottom SRT Performance steering wheel wrapped in Alcantara with paddle shifters
- Demon head logo fender badges
- Two-speaker audio system
- SRT Demon-tuned three-mode Adaptive Damping Suspension (ADS)
- 315/40R18 street-legal drag radial tires specifically designed and developed exclusively for the Challenger SRT Demon, with a new compound and specific tire sidewall construction
- 18 in. x 11 in. lightweight aluminum wheels
- Remote start
- Manual tilt/telescoping column
- Serialized dash plaque
- Dark Brushed II interior accents
For owners who want to make their Challenger SRT Demon even more capable on the strip or more comfortable for the street, available options include (all options are set at U.S. MSRP):
- Demon Crate ($1): Exclusive Demon Crate offers components that unleash the car’s 840 horsepower, 770 lb.-ft. of torque and full potential at the drag strip and is personalized with the buyer’s name, VIN and serial number. The Demon Crate and the performance parts it holds are valued at $6,140, but Challenger SRT Demon owners can buy the entire package for $1. Contents of the Demon Crate include:
- Direct Connection Performance Parts:
- Two narrow, front-runner drag wheels
- Performance powertrain control module with high-octane engine calibration
- Replacement instrument panel switch module with high-octane button
- Personalized ID badge
- Conical performance air filter
- Two valve stems
- Passenger mirror block-off plate
- Demon-branded track tools:
- Hydraulic floor jack with carrying bag
- Cordless impact wrench with charger
- Torque wrench with extension and socket
- Tire pressure gauge
- Fender cover
- Tool bag
- Foam case that fits into the Challenger SRT Demon trunk and securely holds the front runner wheels and track tools
- Direct Connection Performance Parts:
- Cloth rear seat ($1)
- Leather rear seat ($1)
- Front passenger cloth seat ($1)
- Demon trunk carpet kit ($1)
- Red seat belts ($195)
- Leather Front Seat Group includes Laguna leather and Alcantara suede covered seats with embossed Demon head logo, front passenger seat, heated and ventilated leather front seats with heated steering wheel, premium floor mats, power tilt/telescoping column and bright pedals ($1,595)
- Comfort Audio Group, Cloth Seats, includes front passenger cloth seat, 18-speaker Harman Kardon Audio, including two subwoofers and 900W amplifier, premium floor mats and bright pedals ($995)
- Painted Black Satin Hood ($1,995)
- Comfort Group, Leather Seats, includes Laguna leather and Alcantara suede covered seats with embossed Demon head logo, front passenger seat, heated and ventilated leather front seats with heated steering wheel, premium floor mats, power tilt/telescoping column, bright pedals, 18-speaker Harman Kardon Audio, including two subwoofers and 900W amplifier ($2,495)
- Painted Black Satin Graphics Package, available with all 15 exterior colors, includes satin black painted hood, roof and decklid ($3,495)
- For buyers who must have a sunroof – Power sunroof ($4,995)
The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon will be available 15 exterior colors: B5 Blue (late availability), Billet Silver, Destroyer Grey, F8 Green (late availability), Go Mango, Granite Crystal, Indigo Blue (late availability), Maximum Steel, Octane Red, Pitch Black, Plum Crazy (late availability), Redline, TorRed, White Knuckle and Yellow Jacket.
Production of the limited-edition single model year 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon begins later this summer at the Brampton (Ont.) Assembly plant, with 3,000 vehicles for the United States and 300 vehicles for Canada. Deliveries to Dodge//SRT dealers will begin this fall.
The Challenger SRT Demon is covered by FCA US LLC’s factory warranty, including three-year/36,000-mile limited vehicle warranty and five-year/60,000-mile limited powertrain coverage.
Owner’s Track Tech Manual
Adding to its exclusivity and collectability, each 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon buyer will receive a unique, customized, leather-bound owner’s Track Tech Manual. The custom information package includes a copy of the vehicle build sheet. In addition to standard vehicle information, it also covers all the vehicles’ performance enhancements, includes detailed information about the Challenger SRT Demon’s drag-strip optimized performance technologies and pages for logging track runs.
Official Driving School of Dodge//SRT
All customers who buy new 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon receive one full-day session at Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving. The Bob Bondurant School of High-performance Driving in Chandler, Arizona, is the Official High-performance Driving School of Dodge//SRT. All customers who buy a new model SRT will receive one full-day session with professional instruction and time on the track as part of the Dodge//SRT Package. For more information, visit www.driveSRT.com.
Dodge Names Hagerty Demon’s Official Insurance Provider
Dodge has named Hagerty as its official insurance provider of the Dodge Challenger SRT Demon – Hagerty is a company for people who love cars and already protect many of the rarest high-performance cars in the world.