This company provides coverage even if you have poor credit or violations on your driving record.
Finding car insurance coverage at a reasonable rate can be difficult if you are labeled high-risk or non-standard by insurance companies. AssuranceAmerica specializes in non-standard auto insurance and promises customers coverage at an affordable rate. Our review will look into this company’s offerings, discounts, customer service ratings, and more.
Usually, drivers are considered non-standard by companies if they have a history of multiple accidents or moving violations, poor credit, gaps in insurance coverage, or little driving experience. If you are car insurance shopping, we recommend starting your search with the best car insurance companies.
Then, use the tool below or call (844) 246-8209 to see what providers are available in your area.
In this article:
- AssuranceAmerica Insurance Overview
- AssuranceAmerica Auto Insurance Coverage
- AssuranceAmerica Insurance Discounts
- AssuranceAmerica Insurance Ratings And Reviews
- Final Thoughts On AssuranceAmerica Insurance
- Our Recommendations For Car Insurance
AssuranceAmerica Insurance Overview
Founded in 1998, AssuranceAmerica is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with offices in Tampa, FL, and Dallas, TX. The company specializes in non-standard auto insurance coverage and is currently licensed and active in 10 states: Arizona, Texas, Nebraska, Missouri, Alabama, Indiana, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, and Virginia. Its policies are primarily sold online and through a network of over 2,500 independent agents.
AssuranceAmerica subsidiaries include AssuranceAmerica Insurance Company, AssuranceAmerica Managing General Agency, Trustway Insurance, and InsureMax Insurance Company.
AssuranceAmerica Auto Insurance Coverage
AssuranceAmerica has sample auto policy contracts on its website for each of the states it services. While the company offers all of the standard types of auto insurance coverages listed below, some may be available only in certain states. We recommend looking through your state-specific policy document or calling AssuranceAmerica auto customer service for more information. The following standard coverages are offered:
- Liability coverage: includes bodily injury and property damage
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): pays for medical and funeral expenses up to a limit for you and your passengers in the event of an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: pays for injuries to you and your passengers and damages to your car if you are hit by a person with no or inadequate insurance.
- Medical payments: pays for medical and funeral expenses up to a limit for you and your passengers if the injuries were caused by an accident.
- Collision: pays for damages to your car in a collision with another car or an object and will be subject to a deductible.
- Comprehensive: pays for damages to your car or loss due to falling objects, fire, theft, vandalism, extreme weather, etc. and will be subject to a deductible.
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage: pays the stated benefits if a named insured person in the policy sustains death, dismemberment, or loss of sight in a covered event.
AssuranceAmerica Insurance Discounts
AssuranceAmerica partners with Trustway Insurance for its online quotes and policy purchase. You will need to provide standard details such as your name, age, marital status, zip code, driving habits, the year, make, and model of your vehicle, and driving record to generate a personalized quote.
Many drivers rely on auto insurance discounts for lower premiums. Based on our research and the online quotes process, we were able to determine that AssuranceAmerica offers the following types of insurance discounts on car policies:
- Homeowners discount: For owning a home
- Current/prior insurance discount: For continuous insurance coverage in the preceding six months
- Warehouse club membership discount: For members of Costco, Sam’s Club, and BJ’s
- Multi-car discount: For insuring all vehicles under the same AssuranceAmerica policy
- Military discount: For active members of the U.S. military
- Direct repair discount: On comprehensive and collision premiums if you agree to perform any covered repairs at an approved direct repair program facility
- Recurring EFT discount: For signing up for automatic payment at the time of buying the policy
AssuranceAmerica accepts online bill payments. You also have the flexibility to pay your premium directly to an agent, over the phone, or via mail. The AssuranceAmerica website has a tool to help you find the nearest AssuranceAmerica car insurance agent.
In some states, AssuranceAmerica doesn’t have a grace period for paying renewal premiums, and your policy will be renewed only if you make the payment before the expiration date. AssuranceAmerica car insurance policyholders in some states may have a grace period of seven days. Check your policy documents or talk to your agent to have the correct information for your state.
For a quicker process, we recommend using our tool below or calling (844) 246-8209 so that you can get matched with the best insurance rates and coverage in your area:
AssuranceAmerica Insurance Ratings And Reviews
AssuranceAmerica has an A rating from the Better Business Bureau though it is not accredited with the organization. There are only three customer reviews for AssuranceAmerica car insurance on the BBB. Both reviews were filed by individuals who had been in an accident with someone insured by AssuranceAmerica and were unhappy with the claims handling. The company has closed 18 complaints on BBB in the last three years, out of which eight were closed in the last 12 months.
Yelp lists 21 AssuranceAmerica reviews – all with a consistent 1.0 rating. Like the reviews on BBB, most of the reviews on Yelp were submitted by people who were in an accident with someone insured by AssuranceAmerica.
Final Thoughts On AssuranceAmerica Insurance
If you are a non-standard driver with bad credit or a history of accidents and moving violations and live in any of the 10 states serviced by AssuranceAmerica, you could consider getting a quote from this company. It has all the standard insurance coverages and sells policies both online and through agents.
However, AssuranceAmerica doesn’t offer extra coverage like ridesharing coverage or gap coverage, nor does it have a mobile app, which can be handy if you want to manage your policies from your phone.
Use this tool or call (844) 246-8209 to get the best quotes in your state:
Our Recommendations For Car Insurance
Since it is always a good idea to get multiple quotes before you purchase insurance, you could also look at other bigger, mainstream insurance companies such as Geico and Progressive for your insurance needs. Both these companies were rated highly in our recent best car insurance company review for having a wide range of coverage options, excellent financial stability, and affordable rates.
Geico: Best Overall
Geico auto insurance has some of the cheapest insurance rates for all customers while also offering a wide range of coverage options to suit most needs. Its customer service reputation is pretty good, and it has excellent financial stability as evidenced by its A++ rating from AM Best and A+ rating from BBB. You can also qualify for additional discounts by taking a defensive driving course, getting good grades at college, by having an anti-theft device installed in your car, and so on.
Read more in our full review of Geico insurance.
Progressive: Best For High-Risk Drivers
Progressive car insurance is another great option for drivers looking for affordable and reliable auto insurance coverage. The company has an A+ rating from AM Best, good customer service, and most importantly for cost-conscious customers, a wide range of discounts that can help lower premiums. While your final rate may depend on a number of factors, Progressive tends to be among the most affordable providers, even if you have a DUI/DWI on record.
Read more in our full review of Progressive insurance.
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of auto insurance providers to formulate rankings of the best insurers. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Insurers with strong financial ratings and customer-first business practices receive the highest scores in this category.
- Availability: We consider availability by state as well as exclusions for specific groups of drivers.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of insurance available, maximum coverage limits, and add-on policies.
- Cost and Discounts: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of drivers in every state. Companies with lower prices and many car insurance discount opportunities receive the best scores.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and consumer feedback studies from experts like J.D. Power.
- Technology: Auto insurers with mobile apps, advanced online services and telematics are more likely to meet consumer needs.
Read our other insurance articles: