Country Financial auto insurance is primarily available in the South, Midwest, and Pacific Northwest regions in the U.S. This review takes a close look at Country Financial reviews, coverage, cost, discounts, and more. We explain everything those shopping for auto insurance need to know about Country Financial car insurance.
You can also read our recent review of the best car insurance providers for more provider options. Use our quote comparison tool below to get started.
In this article:
- Overview Of Country Financial
- Country Financial Auto Insurance Coverage Options
- Country Financial Auto Insurance Cost And Discounts
- Country Financial Reviews
- Country Financial Technology/Apps
- Our Take On Country Financial: 4.0 Stars
- Our Recommended Providers
Overview Of Country Financial
COUNTRY Financial auto insurance is available in 19 states:
Beginning with a focus in agriculture, the company was originally founded in 1925 as a fire and lightning insurance provider. It later grew to include multiple insurance products such as auto, home and property, life, business, specialty products, farm and ranch, and crop insurance. Company headquarters are located in Bloomington, Illinois.
Country Financial auto insurance policies may be underwritten by Country Mutual Insurance Company, Country Casualty Insurance Company, or Country Preferred Insurance Company. In all, the Country Insurance and Financial Services Group wrote more than $1.1 billion in auto insurance premiums in 2018, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC).
Country Financial Auto Insurance Coverage Options
Country Financial has several auto insurance coverage options. Here is a quick breakdown of what you can expect from each type of coverage. Since not all deductibles and coverages are available in every state, we recommend talking to an agent or getting an online quote to determine your eligibility.
- Collision coverage: Collision coverage protects your car if you have an accident with another vehicle or an object. You can choose a deductible of $50, $100, $250, $500, or $1,000 at the time of purchase.
- Comprehensive car insurance: Comprehensive coverage protects your car from damage due to things like theft, vandalism, or hail. You will have a deductible of $0, $50, $100, $250, $500, or $1,000.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist protection: Country Financial’s uninsured and underinsured motorist protection provides coverage up to a limit if the accident was caused by another driver, and they are not insured or do not have sufficient insurance.
- Bodily injury liability coverage: Bodily injury liability coverage protects you from the cost of injuries to the other party if the accident was your fault.
- Property damage liability coverage: Property damage liability coverage will help pay for the damage to someone else’s property if the accident was your fault.
- Medical payments coverage: If you’re in a covered accident, your medical payments coverage will help pay medical bills for you and your passengers for up to two years (three years in Georgia and Idaho), regardless of who caused the accident.
- Personal injury protection: Personal injury protection provides coverage for certain expenses caused by accident-related injuries, for example, loss of wages, childcare, housekeeping, etc. The amount and availability vary by state.
Optional Add-Ons For Country Financial Auto Insurance
Country Financial auto insurance has several optional coverage add-ons for purchase that can give you added confidence on the road.
- The Keeper® new car coverage: If you have a new car less than four model years old that has suffered severe damage, The Keeper insurance coverage will pay for a brand new car of the same make and model. Older cars may also be eligible in Arizona.
- Emergency road service: This coverage provides up to $100 per incident for 24/7 road assistance services, such as towing, lock-out, delivery of fuel or repair parts, and labor.
- Vehicle rental and trip interruption: In covered loss cases, this coverage will give you up to $800 for rental cars and other travel-related expenses like transportation and lodging if you are more than 100 miles from home. Country Financial has a direct bill program with Enterprise Rent-A-Car, but you can also rent a vehicle from any other company as long as you are pre-approved. You can also use this amount for hiring a cab or using a ride-sharing service. Coverage may vary by state.
- Safety glass coverage: If you have comprehensive coverage, this add-on coverage will help you replace or repair the glass in your car – windows, windshields, or light covers – without paying your deductible.
- Personal effects coverage: You can protect valuables in your car for up to $800 if you have this coverage. There will be a $100 deductible.
- Umbrella insurance: Umbrella insurance coverage provides additional liability coverage of up to $1 million or more.
Country Financial Auto Insurance Cost And Discounts
According to our rate estimates, the average annual rate estimate of a Country Financial Auto Insurance premium in Georgia is $2,039, and for Illinois is $1,044. This rate estimate was based on the profile of a 35-year-old with good credit and a clean driving record. The final cost of Country Financial auto insurance is determined by many personal factors, such as:
- Your vehicle type
- Your age, gender, location, credit score, and driving history
Based on data we analyzed from our rate estimates, annual car insurance premiums across the U.S. usually range from $1,000 to $3,000—with a national average of $1,732. From the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) report in 2018, the average cost for a premium across all 50 states annually was $1,056, so based on our research, Country Financial auto insurance can be costly in certain states.
Most car insurance providers offer some discounts to encourage customer loyalty and reward safe driving practices. Here is a quick look at the various discounts you may be eligible for if you get Country Financial auto insurance.
|Advance quote discount||Up to 12%||If you get a quote while your current policy is still active|
|Good driver discount||Up to 26%||If you are a good driver with no accidents or tickets in the past three years|
|Simply DriveⓇ discount||Up to 10%||If you just got your new driver’s license and complete COUNTRY Financial’s Simply DriveⓇ course, a safety course for 16- and 17-year-old drivers|
|Engaged couple discount||Up to 24%||For couples engaged to be married within one year|
|Multi-policy discount||Varies||If you have multiple policies with COUNTRY Financial|
|Multi-car discount||Up to 30%||If you insure multiple cars with COUNTRY Financial|
|Legacy discount||Up to 25%||For unmarried children below age 25 if parents qualify for a multi-car and multi-policy discount|
|Defensive driver discount||Up to 5%||If you complete a state-approved defensive driving course|
|Occupation discount||Up to 5% or 10%||If you are a K-12 teacher, a firefighter, police officer, EMT, or paramedic|
|Anti-theft discount||Up to 15%||If you have alarms or other anti-theft systems installed on your cars|
|Good student and college graduate discount||Up to 30%||For full-time students with a “B” GPA or above or college graduates|
Country Financial Reviews
When we did a deep dive into Country Financial’s customer service and online reputation, we found that the J.D. Power 2020 U.S. Auto Claims Satisfaction Study recently ranked the company in sixteenth place in customer satisfaction with auto claims. Country Financial scored 863 on a 1000-point scale in the study that evaluated responses from over 11,000 auto insurance customers who had submitted a claim in the last six months before participating in the survey. Although the lower ranking, Country Financial is not far from the industry average, an indication that it is committed to treating its customers well and meeting their expectations. The company was not included as part of J.D. Power's 2021 Auto Claims Satisfaction Study.
On Better Business Bureau (BBB), Country Financial has an A+ grade but a 1.54-star rating. We’ve seen even the best car insurance companies have low star ratings on BBB, so don’t let that be a dealbreaker. Also, keep in mind that the comments aren’t limited to Country Financial insurance reviews and incorporate all insurance types.
Positive Country Financial Reviews
Positive Country Financial auto insurance reviews mention exceptional customer service and caring agents. Longtime customers appreciate their agents and the support provided throughout the claims process.
"Country Financial has always taken great care of me. I appreciate the exceptional service I've received from my agent, the contact centers, and their claims adjusters. The insurance indisutry can be difficult for a consumer to navigate. Country makes it easy and has helped my family and I maintain financial security during our toughest hardships. Thank you for having my back throughout the years.
- Kohl B via BBB
Negative Country Financial Reviews
Some of the complaints posted against Country Financial included a couple of customers voicing unhappiness over being billed even after their policies were canceled. We also noticed a few complaints about ineffective customer support and sudden rate increases. While we can’t determine why a particular customer experienced a rate increase, it is important to keep in mind that car insurance rates can be affected by a number of reasons, including changes in your credit, recent moves, accidents, or tickets.
Country Financial Technology And Mobile Apps
The Country Financial website offers potential customers quick online quotes and existing customers a portal to file claims, view policies, pay bills, or chat online with a representative.
In today’s digital world, mobile apps offer another way to improve customer satisfaction, and Country Financial takes advantage of this with a convenient mobile app. If you are a Country Financial auto insurance customer, you can use the app to access your account, view your insurance card, pay bills, and more. Country Financial Mobile has a 4.2-star rating on the Apple App Store and a 3.5-star rating on Google Play.
Our Take On Country Financial: 4.2 Stars
We rated Country Financial 4.2 out of 5.0 stars. Overall, Country Financial appears to be a viable option for your auto insurance if you live in any of the 19 states it services. It has been in the business for a long time and enjoys good financial stability with an A+ rating from AM Best.
Country Financial auto insurance costs seem average for the industry. Unique discount offers such as the engaged couple discount and occupation discount can qualify you for substantial savings on your premiums if you are eligible. At the same time, Country Financial does not offer accident forgiveness benefits or ridesharing coverage, which can be a disadvantage.
Use the tool below or call (844) 246-8209 to see which providers are available in your area -- and get a quote:
Our Recommended Providers
Choosing the right insurance provider and coverage is tricky. If you go by cost alone, you may not get the coverage you need. On the other hand, if you buy unnecessary coverage, you will spend more than was needed. If you don’t think that Country Financial auto insurance is necessarily the right choice for you, make sure to read our recent review of the top car insurers, where we evaluated different companies on factors like financial strength, customer service, coverage, and affordability.
USAA: 4.8 Stars
USAA is the best insurance company for military families. Our team gives it a 4.8-star rating for its affordability, nationwide availability, and great customer service. It offers many options for coverage that go beyond basic options. To see if it is the right fit for you, read our USAA auto insurance review.
Geico: 4.6 Stars
Geico is at the top of our list as the Best Auto Insurance Company Overall with competitive rates, great coverage, useful discounts, and solid financial strength. It also offers discounts for students and military members. For more, read our Geico auto insurance review.
State Farm: 4.6 Stars
As the largest and most popular insurance company in the U.S., State Farm is another good insurance provider if you would like to go with a bigger company with proven customer service and strong financial backing. It is the Best For Students on our rankings. It also offers usage-based insurance options with an easy-to-use app. For more information, read our State Farm auto insurance review.
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of auto insurance providers to formulate rankings of the best insurers. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Insurers with strong financial ratings and customer-first business practices receive the highest scores in this category.
- Availability: We consider availability by state as well as exclusions for specific groups of drivers.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of insurance available, maximum coverage limits, and add-on policies.
- Cost and Discounts: Our research team reviews auto insurance rate estimates generated by Quadrant Information Services for a variety of drivers in every state. Companies with lower prices and many car insurance discount opportunities receive the best scores.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and consumer feedback studies from experts like J.D. Power.
- Technology: Auto insurers with mobile apps, advanced online services, and telematics are more likely to meet consumer needs.
Read our other insurance articles: