If you live in Massachusetts or Connecticut, Arbella car insurance offers a local and personal insurance experience.
Arbella is a local company that primarily serves Massachusetts and Connecticut. We will take a look at Arbella insurance reviews, customer service, coverage, discounts, and more.
Finding the right auto insurance provider is a difficult task – choosing the wrong provider can end up being a costly mistake that leaves you with unfulfilled claims and lots of frustration. We’ve put together a guide to the best car insurance providers in the U.S. If you haven’t already, make sure you give it a read through.
To see if Arbella serves your area and to get a free quote, use our tool below or call Motor1's designated quotes team at (844) 246-8209.
In this article:
- Arbella Insurance Highlights
- Arbella Car Insurance Coverage Options
- Arbella Insurance Discounts
- Arbella Insurance Reviews And Ratings
- Our Verdict: Arbella Auto Insurance
- Our Recommended Providers
Arbella Insurance Highlights
Arbella is a small, local insurance company that provides a policies for home insurance, car insurance, motorcycle insurance, business insurance, and more. Founded in 1988 in Quincy, Massachusetts, Arbella prides itself on its high-quality, personalized customer experience for motorists in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Motorists who prefer working with local businesses will prefer Arbella over a large, nationwide corporation, as the company only covers drivers from Massachusetts and Connecticut. To get a quote, you’ll speak with local, independent insurance agents. This adds a nice personal touch that you can’t get from an online quote process. However, if you prefer the convenience of being able to get a quote online or live outside of these two states, Arbella car insurance might not be for you.
Arbella Car Insurance Coverage Options
Arbella offers standard types of auto insurance coverage as well as a few additional options. According to its website, Arbella offers:
- Coverage for losses that cause bodily injury or property damage to third parties (liability coverage)
- Personal injury protection for all car occupants on a no-fault basis
- Coverage for physical damage to your car due to a collision, theft, or vandalism
In addition to these standard coverages, customers can purchase:
- Auto loan/lease gap endorsement: This covers the difference between your vehicle's actual cash value and the amount you owe if your vehicle is totaled in an accident.
- Customer care package: Qualifying customers will receive enhancements like new vehicle replacement coverage, enhanced substitute transportation coverage, and enhanced towing and labor, among others perks
Arbella also offers the following options only to motorists in Massachusetts.
- Disappearing deductible rewards plus: Lowers your deductible for years without any at-fault accidents.
- Accident forgiveness: Waives the surcharge for any accidents you have while covered by this policy.
- Pet protection: Covers up to $500 in veterinarian fees if your cat or dog is injured in a car accident.
- Personal property package: Covers damage to personal items that were in your car during an accident. Different items have different coverage limits.
- Snowplow endorsement: After a $200 deductible, this plan covers you for losses related to snowplows installed in or upon your vehicle.
Connecticut motorists have access to this state exclusive:
- Original equipment manufacturer parts (OEM): Allows damage from a covered claim to be replaced with original manufacturer parts.
Arbella Insurance Discounts
The cost of car insurance depends on many factors such as your age, location, vehicle, and driving record. We are unable to provide specific cost information for a policy from Arbella because everyone's quotes are personalized. Arbella offers separate discounts for customers in Massachusetts and Connecticut to help them save on their policies. Here are some of the main discounts available in Massachusetts:
- Switch and Save: Save 20% or more for switching to Arbella and insuring both your car and your home.
- Good Student: Save up to 5% for being a full-time student and maintaining a "B" or higher average.
- Military Away: Drivers deployed on duty (more than 100 miles from their vehicle) can save 10%.
- Pay In Full: Save 6% for paying your premium in full.
- Personal Insurance: Save up to 13% on your premium when you have other personal insurance with Arbella or a qualifying company.
- Energy-Saving Vehicles: Save up to 10% for owning this type of vehicle.
- Multi-Vehicle: Save up to 2% for insuring more than one car.
- Policy Renewal: Renew your policy to save 1% each year.
- Anti-Theft Device: Save up to 36% for having an anti-theft device installed in your vehicle, depending on the type.
- Annual Mileage: Save on certain coverages if you drive less than 10,000 miles a year.
- Student Away: Earn a 10% discount for having a student away at school.
- Driver Simulator Training: Inexperienced drivers who successfully complete a safety-training program that includes a driver simulator and an Arbella-approved training curriculum may save an additional 7%.
- Advanced Driver Training: Complete certain training programs and save 5%.
- Homeowners: Insurance your car and home with Arbella to save up to 25% on your home, condo, or renters insurance.
Here are the main discounts available when you are insured in Connecticut:
- Homeowners: Insure your car and home with Arbella to save up to 22% on your homeowners insurance.
- Personal Insurance: Save up to 12% on your premium when you have other personal insurance with Arbella or a qualifying company.
- Multi-Vehicle: Save up to 25% for insuring more than one car.
- Anti-Theft Device: Save up to 15% for having an anti-theft device installed in your vehicle, depending on the type.
- Student Away: Save money for having a student away at school.
- Pay In Full: Save 6% for paying your premium in full.
Whenever you shop for car insurance, we recommend getting quotes from multiple providers so you can compare coverage and rates. In addition to the insurance company you choose, factors such as your age, vehicle make and model, and driving history can affect your premium, so what’s best for your neighbor might not be best for you.
Use our tool below or call our team at (844) 246-8209 to start comparing personalized car insurance quotes:
Arbella Insurance Reviews And Ratings
As we mentioned earlier, Arbella has superior customer service. According to the National Association Of Insurance Commissioners, Arbella received fewer than the median number of complaints for insurance companies of its size, and that’s not something to sneeze at.
Unfortunately, Arbella didn’t score very well on Yelp, receiving only 1.5 stars out of 5.0 based on 94 reviews. However, it’s important to note that customers usually don’t deal with their insurance companies unless an accident occurs, so most people writing reviews are stressed out to some degree. Across the board, we’ve seen very low customer ratings for insurance companies, the highest being somewhere around 2.5 out of 5.0 stars.
The Better Business Bureau gave Arbella an A+, and the company has been accredited since 2009, but it currently has just over one star for customer reviews.
Our Verdict: Arbella Auto Insurance
For motorists who want an insurance experience that’s catered to their state and enjoy talking to their insurance agent over managing their policy online, Arbella auto insurance is a fine choice for car insurance coverage. There’s a plentiful number of discounts and coverage options, and Arbella has good customer satisfaction ratings. However, Arbella’s financial strength rating is a bit lower than we’d like, and the company doesn’t provide the same convenience in getting quotes or managing your policy as other insurance providers.
Here's a final overview of the pros and cons of Arbella car insurance:
No online quotes
Good range of coverage options
Work with independent insurance agents
Less-than-ideal financial strength rating
Good customer satisfaction rating
Our Recommended Providers
If Arbella auto insurance doesn’t float your boat, take a look at these providers to see if something fits the bill for you.
USAA: Best For Military
Active military members, veterans, and their families will appreciate USAA's auto insurance for its fantastic rates, great customer service, and good coverage options.
Reputation And Financial Strength
USAA has been in business since 1922 and over the past century, the company has built a name for itself as a leading force in the insurance industry. USAA has received an A++ financial strength rating from AM Best, so it should have no issues fulfilling claims.
USAA received the highest rating, 5/5, of all the providers we reviewed on J.D. Power’s 2019 Auto Claims Satisfaction Survey. The majority of insurance companies that we reviewed only received a 3/5 rating.
In our USAA auto insurance review, we find the company to be one of the best and most affordable insurance providers in the U.S., but most Americans won’t be able to enjoy coverage from USAA because they’re offered exclusively to military members, veterans, and families. If you are lucky enough to be eligible for USAA coverage, it should go on the top of your list.
State Farm: Best For Students
State Farm auto insurance has the largest market share of the U.S. insurance market out of all the providers we reviewed, and its rates are second only to USAA’s.
Reputation And Financial Strength
Just like USAA, State Farm was founded in 1922. Since then, the provider has enjoyed a reputation as one of the leading auto insurance providers in the U.S. With an A++ financial strength rating from AM Best, motorists should feel safe purchasing insurance from State Farm.
Our State Farm auto insurance review finds the company's customer service to be about average. Like USAA, it received fewer than the median number of complaints for an insurance company of its size.
State Farm is an insurance company with a long and good reputation behind itself. The provider’s reasonable premiums and added perks make it a good choice for all motorists.
If you're still unsure about what insurance company to go with, calling (844) 246-8209 or using this tool can help point out your best option based on your personal situation:
Read our other insurance articles: