Finding the right car insurance can be tough. We reduce the hassle by researching and reviewing the best car insurance providers in the U.S., and today we’re focusing on USAgencies Insurance.
In this review of USAgencies, we will examine the benefits and drawbacks of purchasing car insurance through a broker like USAgencies and help you make the best choice for your needs.
We recommend getting auto insurance quotes from several providers so you can compare your own costs and coverage. Use our tool above to start comparing free, personalized car insurance quotes in your area.
In this article:
- USAgencies Overview
- USAgencies Insurance Coverage
- USAgencies Insurance Cost And Discounts
- Filing A Claim With USAgencies
- USAgencies Insurance Reviews
- Our Take On USAgencies Insurance: 4.0 Stars
- Top Recommendations For Car Insurance
- Frequently Asked Questions
USAgencies is a privately owned insurance broker that has operated in Alabama and Louisiana for the past 25 years. As a broker, USAgencies is not affiliated with any particular insurance company and instead works with customers to find the best prices and policies to fit individual needs.
The company operates a total of 83 offices throughout Alabama and Louisiana and works with over 80 renters and auto insurance providers to find coverage deals. Today, the company is owned by Confie, a nationwide personal lines insurance agency.
USAgencies is accredited by the BBB, where it currently holds an A+ rating. It is a reliable company focused on helping clients find cheap auto insurance and working with hard-to-insure drivers (such as those with DUIs/DWIs).
USAgencies Insurance Coverage
USAgencies can help you find whichever type of coverage you need, be it your state minimum coverage requirements or more comprehensive coverage. With USAgencies insurance, you can get:
- Liability insurance
- Collision insurance
- Comprehensive insurance
- Medical payments (MedPay)
- Personal injury protection (PIP)
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
Additionally, the agency offers renters insurance, non-owner car insurance, and other specialized policies, including:
- Roadside assistance
- Windshield repair
- Hospital indemnity
- Accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D)
Most of these specialized policies are of dubious value to the consumer, telemedicine in particular. The telemedicine policy provides access to a physician's phone service and a coupon book for prescriptions and, bafflingly, theme park tickets.
That USAgencies offers such policies at all is an indicator that USAgencies insurance agents might try to convince you to purchase low-value add-ons to your policy. Of course, you’re free to reject such offers.
USAgencies Insurance Cost And Discounts
In Alabama and Louisiana, the Insurance Information Institute found that drivers had an average annual car insurance expenditure of $904.56 and $1,545.82, respectively, in 2018. For comparison, the national average that year was $1,056.55.
How much you pay for car insurance varies from company to company. Rates with USAgencies can depend on a large number of factors, including:
- Driving record
- Vehicle make and model
- Marital status
- Credit score
A USAgencies insurance specialist will work with your particular driver profile to find what discounts are available to you. Common discounts from insurance companies include:
- Multi-policy discount: applies if you bundle insurance with other products and services the company offers
- Multi-vehicle discount: applies if you purchase coverage for multiple cars
- Safe drive discount: applies if you have a clean driving record
- Auto-payment discount: applies if you set up an automatic payment plan
- Paperless discount: applies if you receive online statements
- Safety discount: applies if you drive a car with anti-theft or safety features
- Military discount: Serve in the U.S. military
- Student discount: applies if you are enrolled as a full-time student
- Defensive driving discount: applies if you complete a defensive driving course
Because of the many factors that impact premiums, a customer might find value in using a brokerage like USAgencies.
Enter your zip code below to start comparing free car insurance quotes:
Filing A Claim With USAgencies
Because USAgencies is an insurance broker and not a provider, you will handle claims by contacting your insurance company directly.
The process for doing so varies. However, a USAgencies insurance representative will help you file claims if you contact your brokerage agent directly. At the very least, your agent will be familiar with your policy and can point you in the right direction.
USAgencies Insurance Reviews
USAgencies only has two reviews on the BBB website, both relating to customer service. One complaint about the inability to reach an agent over the phone. The other praises USAgencies customer service, citing a particularly dedicated agent.
There are a small number of complaints logged against USAgencies through the BBB. While these complaints are directed toward USAgencies, they largely concern the insurance policies themselves. All 10 or so customer complaints have been directly addressed by USAgencies insurance representatives with response times ranging from two weeks to over a month.
Our Take On USAgencies Insurance: 4.0 Stars
We rate USAgencies 4.0 out of 5.0 stars because the provider has great industry standing but is lacking in availability. USAgencies insurance is still a good choice for those who want to avoid the hassle of finding the best price for auto insurance.
Considering the high number of insurance providers in Alabama and Louisiana, as well as the large number of factors that can impact premiums, USAgencies eliminates what could be hours of personal research.
USAgencies Insurance Pros
USAgencies Insurance Cons
A+ rating from the BBB
Only available in Alabama and Louisiana
Partners with over 80 renters and auto insurance providers
Acts as a middleman between you and the insurer
Top Recommendations For Car Insurance
While USAgencies is not a bad place to start your car insurance journey, we recommend comparing the options it provides with auto insurance quotes directly from providers.
Use the tool below to compare free quotes from providers available in your state:
Geico: Best Overall
For the best Louisiana or Alabama car insurance, we recommend Geico. Geico provides comprehensive coverage, has strong customer service ratings, and is cheaper than the majority of the competition.
Along with standard types of insurance coverage, you can get roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and mechanical breakdown insurance from Geico. A high number of discount opportunities are available to help you save on car insurance.
For more information, check out our full Geico auto insurance review.
USAA: Best For Military
We also highly recommend USAA car insurance, because it has the highest customer service ratings and cheapest average premiums of any company that we’ve reviewed.
It’s important to note, however, that USAA is only offered to military members and their families. USAA has many discounts for service members in particular, including a discount for garaging your vehicle on a military base.
For more information, check out our full USAA insurance review.
Progressive: Best For High-Risk Drivers
For high-risk drivers, we recommend Progressive car insurance, which tends to offer lower premiums than Geico for drivers with a DUI or DWI on record.
Progressive offers an in-house quote comparison tool that can aid your search and offers a variety of coverage including rideshare insurance and custom parts and equipment value coverage.
For more information, check out our full Progressive insurance review.
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of auto insurance providers to formulate rankings of the best insurers. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Insurers with strong financial ratings and customer-first business practices receive the highest scores in this category.
- Availability: We consider availability by state as well as exclusions for specific groups of drivers.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of insurance available, maximum coverage limits, and add-on policies.
- Cost and Discounts: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of drivers in every state. Companies with lower prices and many car insurance discount opportunities receive the best scores.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and consumer feedback studies from experts like J.D. Power.
- Technology: Auto insurers with mobile apps, advanced online services and telematics are more likely to meet consumer needs.
Read our other articles on car insurance:
- No Down Payment Car Insurance
- Parked Car Insurance
- Aflac Auto Insurance Review
- Horace Mann Auto Insurance Review
- Chubb Auto Insurance Review
- Arbella Car Insurance Review
- Hallmark Car Insurance Review
- Mississippi Farm Bureau Auto Insurance
- Colonial Penn Auto Insurance Review