How does Webb Insurance stand up to industry leaders?
Webb Insurance is a family-owned business that serves the St. Charles and St. Louis areas in Missouri. Independent agents work closely with drivers to address vehicle coverage needs, often by using insurance products from several different companies. But is Webb auto insurance right for you?
In this article, we will explore Webb Insurance’s coverage, costs, and customer reviews and see how the small-town provider stacks up against the industry’s best car insurance companies. Whether you decide to go with Webb auto insurance or not, we recommend comparing quotes from a few providers to ensure you’re getting the best deal on coverage.
Use our tool below or call (844) 246-8209 to start comparing free car insurance quotes:
In this article:
- Webb Insurance Overview
- Webb Auto Insurance Coverage
- Webb Insurance Cost And Discounts
- Webb Insurance Ratings And Reviews
- Our Verdict On Webb Insurance
- Top Car Insurance Companies
Webb Insurance Overview
Located in midtown St. Charles, Webb Insurance has been serving customers for more than 35 years with a range of insurance products. The insurance agency describes itself as offering a small-town atmosphere without the small-town pace.
If you decide to get a Webb auto insurance policy, you will have a one-on-one consultation with an independent agent to identify the coverage that will work best for you. As brokers, agents may suggest working with one or multiple insurance providers.
In addition to auto insurance, you can get the following types of coverage with Webb Insurance:
- Homeowners insurance
- Renters insurance
- Life insurance
- Umbrella insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Recreational vehicle insurance
- Boat insurance
- Flood insurance
- Commercial insurance
Webb Auto Insurance Coverage
With Webb Insurance, you can get basic coverage to satisfy Missouri’s minimum liability auto insurance limits or a more comprehensive policy. Here's what the insurer offers:
- Liability insurance: Bodily injury and property damage liability insurance (BI/PD) protects you from having to pay for other drivers’ injuries and property damages in accidents that you cause.
- Collision: With collision insurance, your vehicle is covered after an accident no matter who is at fault.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive car insurance covers vehicle damage after non-collision events like hazardous weather, theft, vandalism, and animal damage.
- Medical payments: This type of coverage will take care of medical bills after an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This type of coverage protects you after a collision caused by a motorist who doesn’t have enough coverage to pay for your injuries or property damage.
Webb Insurance is partnered with a number of regional and national providers, so you have access to a variety of coverage. Just a few of Webb’s auto insurance provider partners include:
- Allied Insurance
- Dairyland Auto Insurance
- Hagerty Auto Insurance
- The Hartford Auto Insurance
- Liberty Mutual Auto Insurance
- Nationwide Car Insurance
- Progressive Car Insurance
- Travelers Auto Insurance
You may be able to get additional coverage such as roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and guaranteed asset protection (GAP) insurance with a Webb Insurance policy. Make sure to ask your agent about the possibilities beyond standard coverage.
Webb Insurance Cost And Discounts
The cost of Webb auto insurance will depend on which provider in Webb's network you work with. Auto insurance rates can also be affected by things like your driving history, vehicle information, age, gender, and more.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, Missouri drivers had an average car insurance expenditure of $869.14 in 2017. Drivers spent about $492.63 on liability coverage, $305.96 on collision insurance, and $204.08 on comprehensive insurance. But keep in mind that not all drivers purchased the same type of coverage or the same limits.
Some ways you can save with Webb Insurance include:
- Bundling home and auto insurance with your policy provider
- Completing a preapproved defensive driving course
- Being a good student
- Paying in full for a discount
- Having an accident-free driving history
Discounts vary based on the provider you choose to underwrite your auto policy from Webb, but the discounts listed above are widely available from many Webb auto insurance partners.
Use the tool below to collect and compare free quotes from providers in your state, or call (844) 246-8209 for an easier experience.
Webb Insurance Ratings And Reviews
Webb Insurance has a perfect 5.0-star rating based on about 15 Google reviews. Satisfied customers seem pleased with the level of customer service, including developing long-lasting relationships with brokers. Here's what one Webb Insurance review had to say:
“Professional, courteous, down to earth. Genuinely interested in the needs of the customer. Highly recommend this agency. Always available to answer any [questions]. Provide unbiased comparisons to other plans to get you what you need, best value for the best price. Have worked with them for many years and couldn’t be happier.”
-Deb D. via Google
Beyond Google, there are not many reviews for Webb Insurance. Webb is not rated by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has no reviews or complaints on its BBB page.
Our Verdict On Webb Insurance: 4.0 Stars
Based on the customer reviews we could find – along with coverage, discount availability, and website accessibility – we give Webb Insurance in Missouri a 4.0-star rating. Webb Insurance customers have access to leading providers in the auto insurance industry, but it’s difficult to tell from the website what benefits come from working with Webb rather than directly with the providers.
If you’re based in the St. Charles or St. Louis area, it’s worth reaching out to Webb Insurance to see what kind of coverage is available. But whenever you shop for car insurance, we recommend comparing quotes from at least three companies to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
Use our tool below or give us a call at (844) 246-8209 to start comparing free, personalized car insurance quotes:
Top Car Insurance Companies
When we reviewed the biggest names in auto insurance, only a few providers came out on top. While you’re checking out Webb Insurance, consider getting quotes from Geico and USAA, too. Geico earned 4.5 stars in our review, and USAA – which is only for military service members and their families – was the only provider to earn a perfect 5.0 score.
Geico: Best Overall
We named Geico auto insurance the best car insurance company overall for its great coverage, reasonable costs, and positive customer reviews. Geico has received high marks from industry experts, including an A++ (Superior) financial strength rating from AM Best and an A+ rating from the BBB. With high marks like these and a variety of car insurance discounts, we think Geico should be near the top of your list when shopping for Missouri car insurance.
You can purchase basic liability insurance or a full coverage policy with Geico. Roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and mechanical breakdown insurance are also available.
USAA: Best For Military
Our review of USAA car insurance found that this provider is the best option for military personnel, veterans, and their immediate family members. USAA has top marks from industry experts. The company earned an AM Best financial strength rating of A++ (Superior) and a score of 900 out of a possible 1,000 in J.D. Power’s 2020 U.S. Insurance Shopping StudyTM.
For eligible drivers, USAA is a great choice for auto insurance. You can get coverage like roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and accident forgiveness. Plus, USAA has a variety of discounts, like up to 20 percent off for parking your car on a military base.
Use our tool below or call our team at (844) 246-8209 to start comparing free car insurance quotes:
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of auto insurance providers to formulate rankings of the best insurers. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Insurers with strong financial ratings and customer-first business practices receive the highest scores in this category.
- Availability: We consider availability by state as well as exclusions for specific groups of drivers.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of insurance available, maximum coverage limits, and add-on policies.
- Cost and Discounts: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of drivers in every state. Companies with lower prices and many car insurance discount opportunities receive the best scores.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and consumer feedback studies from experts like J.D. Power.
- Technology: Auto insurers with mobile apps, advanced online services and telematics are more likely to meet consumer needs.
Read our other insurance articles:
- Iowa Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Review
- Kemper Auto Insurance Review
- Baja Auto Insurance Review
- Auto Club Enterprise Insurance Review
- Acuity Auto Insurance Review
- Access Auto Insurance Review