Compared to other car insurance providers, Oklahoma Farm Bureau Iinsurance offers relatively basic coverage. But if that’s what you’re looking for, then the company could be a perfect fit for you.
In this article, we'll take a closer look at Oklahoma Farm Bureau auto insurance, including the coverage you get, average costs, and the company's customer feedback. As always, we recommend comparing quotes from a few of the best auto insurance providers before settling on a policy to make sure you're getting the best deal.
Enter your zip code into our easy tool below or call our team at (844) 246-8209 to start comparing free, personalized car insurance quotes:
In this article:
- Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance Overview
- Oklahoma Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Coverage
- Oklahoma Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Cost And Discounts
- Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance Reviews
- Our Verdict On Oklahoma Farm Bureau: 3.5 Stars
- Our Recommendations For Best Car Insurance Providers
Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance Overview
The Oklahoma Farm Bureau was formed in 1942. A few years later, local members recognized the need to provide car insurance, and in 1949, the Oklahoma Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Company was founded. Today, that company provides insurance plans to Farm Bureau members.
Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance is part of the American Farm Bureau Federation and is based in Oklahoma City. Each state has a Farm Bureau that provides services to rural residents. Insurance options and the companies that provide them can vary by state.
Here are a few highlights of Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance:
- A+ rating with accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- “Good” financial strength rating from AM Best
- Standard coverage with a few discount opportunities
- Online quotes available
While you have to be a member of the Oklahoma Farm Bureau to take advantage of its auto insurance, you don't have to be a farmer. Membership is open to anybody, and yearly dues range between $25 and $50, depending on your county. If you make more than half of your income from agriculture production, you can be a voting member and help enact the organization’s grassroots policies each year.
In addition to Oklahoma Farm Bureau auto insurance, you can get life, home, farm and ranch, and commercial insurance. We mentioned earlier that the company has a “Good” financial rating by AM Best. On this rating scale, there are two higher distinctions, “Excellent” and “Superior.” This isn’t anything to be concerned about – it just says that the company’s financial standing could be better.
Oklahoma Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Coverage
You can get all standard types of car insurance from the Oklahoma Farm Bureau:
- Liability: Covers medical bills and vehicle repairs for other people after an accident you cause
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Covers your medical bills, lost wages, and death benefits, no matter who caused an accident
- Medical payments (MedPay): Covers your medical bills after an accident
- Collision: Covers repairs to your car no matter who caused an accident
- Comprehensive: Covers damage to your car after environmental damage, theft, or vandalism
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM): Covers your medical bills and repairs when you're in an accident with a driver who does not have enough insurance
Add-on vehicle coverage options from Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance include roadside assistance and travel expense coverage. Roadside assistance covers towing, fuel deliveries, jump-start services, and spare tire installations. Travel expense coverage pays toward a rental car after a covered loss. It can also pay toward lodging and meal expenses if you get into an accident more than 50 miles from your home.
Oklahoma Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Cost And Discounts
Maybe you've compared car insurance prices with a friend and were surprised to find that they were so different. Even if you both insure your vehicles with the same company, it is rare to have the same insurance cost as another driver. That's because auto insurance rates are personalized according to your driving history and your situation. Here are a few things that can influence your Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance costs:
- The population density of your area
- Typical claims in your area
- The type of car you drive
- Your credit score
- Your driving record
- Your age and marital status
With Oklahoma Farm Bureau auto insurance, you have access to a number of discounts that can bring down your premium. Here are a few examples:
- Good student discount
- Customer loyalty discount
- Defensive driving discount
- Multi-vehicle discount
- Multi-policy discount
As a member of the Oklahoma Farm Bureau, you can also get a number of additional discounts on other products and services. These include discounts on:
- Vacation rentals
- Outdoor equipment
- Office products
- New cars from participating brands
- Tickets to theme parks and family attractions
To see what an Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance policy would cost for you, you can get a quote online right from the insurer's website. You simply have to enter information like your driving history, vehicle information, and personal information such as your age and whether you rent or own your home. Insurance quotes are usually good for 30 days, but you can always buy your policy right away to receive coverage immediately.
If you want to shop around to see which company may give you the best deal on coverage, you can get free insurance quotes from a number of different providers by using our tool below or calling (844) 246-8209:
Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance Reviews
The Oklahoma Farm Bureau has an A+ rating with accreditation from the BBB. However, the company’s BBB reviews page only has two reviews in total, and they are both very negative. Keep in mind that these reviews are for the company’s insurance offerings as a whole, not just for Oklahoma Farm Bureau auto insurance. Here’s what the customers said:
“In 2013 I had a major cattle theft…. In February 2018, the jury found [Oklahoma Farm Bureau] in breach of contract and bad faith. Of course, Farm Bureau appealed [and] 18 months have gone by since [the] verdict. Here I am, still waiting for my claim to be paid…. I warn anybody that reads this [to] be careful who you choose as your insurance company.”
- via BBB
“Lies and false agreements. Blatant lies even to our attorney… Lying to claim they are waiting on the other injured [party] when we all have since talked…”
- via BBB
Our Verdict On Oklahoma Farm Bureau: 3.5 Stars
Oklahoma Farm Bureau Insurance's auto coverage is an average option. Overall, we give the insurer a 3.5 out of 5.0-star rating. The coverage hits all the bare necessities, but it doesn’t offer a whole lot more. It can work well if you’re involved in agriculture, but you’ll still want to check out all the companies that are available to you and compare a few quotes from top providers.
Our Recommendations For Best Car Insurance Providers
The only way to know if you’re making the best choice for auto insurance is to get multiple quotes. We recommend contacting at least three providers each time you update your policy, even if you don't plan on switching companies.
You probably have dozens of car insurance options in your area. Some are better than others, so we’ve gone ahead and reviewed a number of the best car insurance companies available. Save some time – and money – by checking out the providers on our list.
State Farm: 4.5 Stars
We took a deep dive into State Farm auto insurance and found that it’s a great option for young drivers and students. The largest auto insurer in the nation also offers the largest student discount, giving up to 20 percent off for having good grades. You can also take advantage of State Farm’s numerous apps that either give out more discounts or help you manage your policy. State Farm offers farm and ranch insurance that can cover things like machinery and tools, too.
Read more in our full State Farm auto insurance review.
Progressive: 4.5 Stars
In our Progressive auto insurance review, we found that the company has a wide range of coverage options to fit many drivers' situations. Progressive has a “Superior” financial strength rating from AM Best and has been in business since 1937. If you’re searching for car insurance in Oklahoma, we recommend getting a quote from Progressive.
To start comparing free quotes, call our team at (844) 246-8209 or use our tool below.
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of auto insurance providers to formulate rankings of the best insurers. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Insurers with strong financial ratings and customer-first business practices receive the highest scores in this category.
- Availability: We consider availability by state as well as exclusions for specific groups of drivers.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of insurance available, maximum coverage limits, and add-on policies.
- Cost and Discounts: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of drivers in every state. Companies with lower prices and many car insurance discount opportunities receive the best scores.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and consumer feedback studies from experts like J.D. Power.
- Technology: Auto insurers with mobile apps, advanced online services and telematics are more likely to meet consumer needs.
Read our other insurance articles: