If you’re a Florida driver, you could save money with Mr. Auto Insurance.
Mr. Auto Insurance has been helping Florida residents save money on car insurance for decades. We’ve researched the types of policies Mr. Auto Insurance offers, the insurers it’s affiliated with, and customer reviews to explain how this group of independent agents could help you find affordable car insurance.
Price is important for vehicle owners shopping for insurance coverage. For many people, it’s the deciding factor. Use the tool below or call Motor1's designated quotes team at (844) 246-8209 to get free, personalized quotes from the best car insurance companies in your area.
In this article:
- Mr. Auto Insurance Overview
- Mr. Auto Insurance Coverage
- Could Mr. Auto Insurance Help You Save Money?
- Mr. Auto Insurance Reviews And Ratings
- Our Take On Mr. Auto Insurance: 3.5 Stars
- Top Recommendations For Insurance Providers
Mr. Auto Insurance Overview
Since 1978, Mr. Auto Insurance has made it easier for many Florida drivers to save money on car insurance by providing information on coverage options and premiums offered by several top-rated insurers. The company has received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
While quotes are available online and over the phone, Mr. Auto Insurance also has offices in Merritt Island, Jacksonville, and other Florida cities to serve customers who would rather speak to an agent in person. Insurance coverage takes effect the same day a policy is purchased.
Mr. Auto Insurance works with over 20 insurance companies and only offers quotes from insurers that have received excellent or good ratings and that are in good standing with federal and local governments. The companies Mr. Auto Insurance works with include:
- Appalachian Underwriters
- Assurance America
- Dairyland Auto Insurance
- Fed Nat
- Florida Automobile Joint Underwriting Association (FAJUA)
- Bristol West
- Foremost STAR
- National General Insurance
- Infinity Auto Insurance
- Kemper Auto Insurance
- Southern Oak Insurance Company
- Universal Property & Casualty
Mr. Auto Insurance Coverage
Mr. Auto Insurance offers a wide range of coverage options for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and commercial vehicles. As a no-fault state, Florida drivers are only required to have coverage for property damage liability and personal injury protection (PIP).
With a licensed agent, you discuss your needs and budget to choose the right combination of coverage. Although property damage liability and PIP are the only required types of auto insurance, the following standard coverages are available for you to choose from:
- Liability auto insurance: Helps you pay for injuries or damages that you cause to another party
- Collision insurance: Helps you pay for damages to your own vehicle after a collision, regardless of which party was at fault
- Comprehensive car insurance: Helps you pay for damages to your own car after non-collision events like floods, hail storms, fallen trees, vandalism, and animal damage
- Medical payments (MedPay): Pays for medical expenses for you and the passengers in your vehicle
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Pays for your injuries after an accident, regardless of who was at fault
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist protection (UM/UIM): Covers you after you’ve been hit by a motorist that doesn’t have sufficient liability limits
Classic Car Insurance
If you own a classic car, a standard auto insurance policy likely wouldn’t provide you with the necessary coverage at an affordable rate. Mr. Auto Insurance works with more than five of the leading classic car insurance companies in the U.S. that insurance antiques, modern classics, street rods, and more. Those insurers offer affordable coverage up to the full agreed value of an insured vehicle in the event of a total loss. If you need to submit a claim related to an antique vehicle, an expert in collector car insurance will handle it. You’ll also be able to select a repair shop and won’t have to pay a deductible in most states.
FR-44 And SR-22 Insurance
If you have been convicted of an offense such as driving under the influence or operating a vehicle without insurance, you may have to purchase FR-44 or SR-22 insurance to get your driver’s license reinstated. Mr. Auto Insurance works with more than 15 of the leading FR-44/SR-22 insurance companies in the U.S. and will find you coverage at a competitive rate. A licensed agent will explain Florida’s requirements, including minimum insurance coverage, how long you’ll have to maintain coverage, and when your premiums must be paid.
Mr. Auto Insurance Cost And Discounts
According to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), in 2017, Florida residents had the third-highest average auto insurance expenditures in the U.S., at $1,356.90 per year. If you live in the Sunshine State, it’s logical to want to find a company that will give you the coverage you need at a great price.
When you contact Mr. Auto Insurance, a licensed agent will review your current car insurance coverage and look for ways to lower your premiums. Mr. Auto Insurance agents can check to see which discounts you qualify for when you're looking into an insurance company.
You can qualify for discounts for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Having a clean driving record
- Being a homeowner
- Being a good student
- Taking a defensive driving course
- Having a vehicle equipped with safety features
- Bundling your home and auto insurance
Paying your total premium when you get a policy, rather than paying in monthly installments, could also save you money. According to its website, Mr. Auto Insurance can save customers as much as 20 percent for paying their policy in full.
To compare coverage options and prices, call Motor1's designated quotes team at (844) 246-8209 or use the free quote comparison tool below.
Mr. Auto Insurance Reviews And Ratings
Customer service and claims assistance are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Mr. Auto Insurance makes it easy to file a claim by providing contact information for all its providers in its online insurance claims center.
Mr. Auto Insurance does not have many reviews available online, though some reported on Yelp that they had unpleasant experiences with customer service.
Below are customer reviews from the company’s website:
“I’ve had insurance for over six years with Mr. Auto. They’ve always handled all my questions and concerns professionally and fast.”
– Carolyn H., Key West, Florida
“I’ve had insurance with Mr. Auto for over 15 years, and I’ve never found a better price anywhere.”
– Brian V., Cocoa Beach, Florida
Our Take On Mr. Auto Insurance: 3.5 Stars
We rate Mr. Auto Insurance 3.5 out of 5.0 stars. Mr. Auto Insurance offers a wide range of options for car owners. We think drivers who are looking for affordable insurance coverage for a newer or classic car, or those who have negative marks on their driving records, could benefit from Mr. Auto Insurance, but the customer service reviews are mixed.
Auto insurance companies consider many factors when setting premiums. If you’re looking for car insurance, it’s important to compare coverage and prices from several companies and to find out if you qualify for any discounts. Working with an independent Florida insurance agency such as Mr. Auto Insurance can save you time and help you make an informed decision.
We recommend that you contact Mr. Auto Insurance to discuss the type of vehicle you have, how you use it, and other personal circumstances. An agent will then help you compare coverage options and rates so you can choose the right policy.
Top Insurance Providers
With so many insurance companies to choose from, it’s always a good idea to get multiple quotes, even if you think the first insurer you contacted offered you a great deal. We’ve compiled a list of what we consider the best car insurance companies in 2021. Read on for information about two of our top recommended providers, and use the tool below or call (844) 246-8209 to start comparing free, personalized quotes.
USAA: 5.0 Stars
If you or a member of your family currently serves in the military or has in the past, USAA is likely your best option for auto insurance. The company earned the highest rating possible, A++, from AM Best and ranked first in J.D. Power’s 2020 Auto Claims Satisfaction StudyTM and in J.D. Power’s 2020 Insurance Shopping StudyTM. USAA offers a range of coverage options, and in many states, its premiums are the lowest. For more, read our USAA auto insurance review.
Geico: 4.5 Stars
We think Geico is the best insurance company overall because of its coverage options, affordable premiums, and wide range of discounts. Like USAA, Geico earned an A++ rating from AM Best, as well as an A+ rating from the BBB. For more information, read our Geico auto insurance review.
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of auto insurance providers to formulate rankings of the best insurers. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Insurers with strong financial ratings and customer-first business practices receive the highest scores in this category.
- Availability: We consider availability by state as well as exclusions for specific groups of drivers.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of insurance available, maximum coverage limits, and add-on policies.
- Cost and Discounts: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of drivers in every state. Companies with lower prices and many car insurance discount opportunities receive the best scores.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and consumer feedback studies from experts like J.D. Power.
- Technology: Auto insurers with mobile apps, advanced online services and telematics are more likely to meet consumer needs.
Read our other insurance articles: