When shopping for car insurance, it’s important to understand your options. Along with some of the best car insurance companies, we’ve researched The Responsive Auto Insurance Company’s coverage, discounts, claims process, and other important factors.
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company’s network of independent insurance agents gives drivers personalized local service, and the company's Preferred Shops across South Florida provide repairs with a long-term guarantee.
In this article:
- Our Take On The Responsive Auto Insurance Company: 3.5 Stars
- The Responsive Auto Insurance Company Overview
- Responsive Auto Insurance Coverage
- Responsive Auto Insurance Cost And Discounts
- Responsive Auto Insurance Reviews
- Our Recommended Providers
Our Take On The Responsive Auto Insurance Company: 3.5 Stars
Our team rates The Responsive Auto Insurance Company 3.5 out of 5.0 stars. The Responsive Auto Insurance Company allows drivers in Florida to connect with local agents and to customize their coverage to suit their needs and budget. The company’s flexibility and top rating from the Better Business Bureau appeal to many consumers, but some individuals have been disappointed by lackluster customer service.
|Florida-specific service||Not available outside of Florida|
|A+ rating and accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB)||Some reports of lackluster customer service|
|Bilingual customer service assistance|
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company Overview
Since 2007, The Responsive Auto Insurance Company has brokered car insurance policies for a network of over 300 independent insurance agencies across South Florida. Customers who call a local office or visit in person can explore the company’s coverage options and rates.
Most agents in the network have extended service hours and offer bilingual assistance. The Responsive Auto Insurance Company says on its website that it works with agencies where staff have excellent communication skills and that it holds its partners to a high standard. Though, according to some online reviews, the company has room for improvement.
Responsive Auto Insurance Coverage
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company offers the mandatory minimum Florida auto insurance, as well as optional coverages. An agent can help you decide which types of auto insurance and limits are appropriate for you based on the type of vehicle you drive, its age and value, and your financial circumstances.
The following types of car insurance coverage are required under Florida law:
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage will pay for medical treatment for accident-related injuries (minus your policy’s deductible and any applicable copayments). In Florida, anyone who is injured in a motor vehicle accident must seek payment for medical expenses from his or her own insurance company, regardless of who is deemed at fault for the accident. PIP may also partially cover lost wages if you can’t work due to an accident, pay if you need to hire someone to help you with day-to-day tasks, and reimburse you for the cost of transportation to medical appointments.
- Property damage liability coverage will pay to repair or replace someone else’s property that's damaged in an accident you cause. Your property damage liability policy can cover damaged vehicles, buildings, signs, fences, and other types of property, but it won’t pay for damage to your own vehicle or to your own property. Property damage liability policies issued by The Responsive Auto Insurance Company don’t have a deductible.
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company also offers these types of optional coverage:
- Bodily injury liability coverage will pay for other parties' medical expenses after an accident you cause. There is no deductible for bodily injury liability coverage policies offered by The Responsive Auto Insurance Company.
- Comprehensive coverage will pay for damage caused by an act of nature or event beyond your control such as weather, flooding, fire, theft, vandalism, or hitting an animal. If you select this coverage, The Responsive Auto Insurance Company will pay for vehicle repairs beyond the amount of your deductible.
- Collision coverage will pay for repairs to your own vehicle after an accident you cause. Collision coverage will kick in after your deductible has been met.
- Uninsured motorist coverage will help in an accident in which another driver is at fault and that person is uninsured or doesn’t have enough liability auto insurance coverage. Uninsured motorist coverage will pay for your medical costs and other related expenses that aren’t covered under your PIP coverage, up to your policy’s coverage limit.
- Towing coverage will reimburse you for up to $75 in towing fees or road service costs if your vehicle is disabled.
- Rental car reimbursement coverage will reimburse you for rental car fees up to your policy’s limit while your vehicle is in the shop after an accident.
Responsive Auto Insurance Cost And Discounts
Cost will vary from driver to driver and depends on a number of factors, including:
- Gender listed on your drivers license
- Driving record
- Marital status
The only way to know how much a Responsive Auto Insurance policy will cost you is to contact an agent and request a personalized insurance quote. You can get some idea of Responsive cost by considering discount offers.
We included the discounts we could find at www.responsiveauto.com, but these aren’t available for all policies. If you’re interested in one or more of the following discounts, ask your insurance agent if you qualify and how much discounts can reduce your premiums.
The table below shows several Responsive Auto Insurance discounts, but these aren’t available for all policies. If you’re interested in one or more of the following discounts, ask your insurance agent if you qualify and how much discounts can reduce your premiums.
|Available to customers who pay the entire premium for a six-month or annual policy up front.|
|Quick Pay (Electronic Funds Transfer)||Available to customers who pay premiums automatically in monthly installments using an automatic transfer from a bank account, credit card, or debit card.|
|Transfer||Available to drivers who have been driving for at least three years and have maintained active auto insurance coverage through a licensed insurance company with no gaps or cancellations in the six-month period prior to the start of a policy with The Responsive Auto Insurance Company.|
|Renewal||Available to drivers who are renewing a policy, who have not had any accidents or major traffic violations in the past three years, and who have had continuous insurance coverage during the current policy period. A short lapse in coverage may be permitted in some cases.|
|Vehicle Feature||Available to drivers of vehicles with factory-installed anti-lock brakes, air bags, and/or an anti-theft device. Multiple safety features can result in a larger discount. The amount of the discount also depends on the types of coverage chosen.|
|Safe Driver||Available if none of the drivers listed on the policy has had an accident or been ticketed for a traffic violation in the past three years.|
|Available to customers who insure two or more vehicles through The Responsive Auto Insurance Company. People who live together can combine policies, even if the individuals are unrelated.|
|Homeowner||Available to customers who own and reside in a house, condominium, or mobile home in the state of Florida.|
To find other insurance providers in your area and see how their coverage options and discounts compare to those of The Responsive Auto Insurance Company, use the tool below or call (844) 246-8209 to start getting free, personalized quotes.
Responsive Auto Insurance does not offer a smartphone app to make payments or review policy information. This is a convenience offered by most insurers these days, so Responsive lags behind competitors in this regard. The company does allow customers to make payments online through its website, however.
Responsive Auto Insurance Reviews
The Responsive Auto Insurance Company has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2015 and has earned an A+ rating from the BBB. It has received mixed reviews from its own customers and from drivers who were involved in accidents with the company’s customers.
Positive Responsive Auto Insurance Reviews
“I had a great customer service experience with... the underwriting department. [My service representative] was able to help me solve my issue quickly and efficiently. She was super sweet and I really appreciated her help.”
- Gabriela Paz-Rodriguez via Google Reviews
Negative Responsive Auto Insurance Reviews
“This is the worst experience ever. I got hit by one of their clients and now, a month later, they are giving me the run-around on getting my vehicle fixed. The adjuster... has done nothing with handling my claim and your agent... has no custimer service skills.”
- Keisha via Google Reviews
“I've had a policy with this company for about 10 years... I've done nothing that I'm aware of that would adversely affect my continued renewal of my insurance policy recently, yet just before my policy was to be renewed, I received a letter stating that my policy would not be renewed for underwriting reasons... Eventually I was told that they would issue me a new policy at a higher rate...for reasons that they would not disclose.”
- Gustav Peebles via Google Reviews
Our Recommended Providers
You should always check rates from several auto insurers before purchasing a policy. We’ve researched several of the biggest car insurance companies and local providers and compiled a list of the ones we consider the best in the business. Here are some of our top picks:
State Farm is the largest auto insurance company in the U.S. It insures drivers in every state and, like The Responsive Auto Insurance Company, operates through a network of dedicated agents. However, State Farm has a better reputation with customers. It offers a long list of discounts, as well as several mobile apps that let customers manage policies, file claims, and earn discounts for safe driving. For more information, read our State Farm auto insurance review.
People often think of AAA when they need roadside assistance, but the American Automobile Association also offers affordable car insurance in many states across the U.S., including Florida. Drivers frequently praised AAA for its customer service, making it a great alternative to The Responsive Auto Insurance Company. For more information, read our AAA insurance review.
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of auto insurance providers to formulate rankings of the best insurers. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Insurers with strong financial ratings and customer-first business practices receive the highest scores in this category.
- Availability: We consider availability by state as well as exclusions for specific groups of drivers.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of insurance available, maximum coverage limits, and add-on policies.
- Cost and Discounts: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of drivers in every state. Companies with lower prices and many car insurance discount opportunities receive the best scores.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and consumer feedback studies from experts like J.D. Power.
- Technology: Auto insurers with mobile apps, advanced online services and telematics are more likely to meet consumer needs.
Read our other insurance articles:
- Utica Insurance Review
- Elephant Auto Insurance Review
- Auto Club Enterprise Insurance Review
- Charter Oak Insurance Review
- Mississippi Farm Bureau Auto Insurance Review
- Encompass Insurance Review