If you're interested in Accurate Auto Insurance, you should know that the company is an independent broker and not a direct provider. Accurate works with multiple providers to offer multiple plans for customers to choose from. While Accurate didn't make our list of the best car insurance companies in the nation, it can be a smart choice for some drivers looking for cheap car insurance.
Whenever you shop for auto insurance, we recommend getting quotes from multiple providers so you can compare coverage and rates. In addition to the insurance company you choose, factors such as your age, vehicle make and model, and driving record can affect your insurance rates. Keep in mind that what’s best for your neighbor might not be best for you.
In this article:
- Overview Of Accurate Auto Insurance
- Accurate Auto Insurance Coverage
- How Much Does Accurate Cost?
- Accurate Auto Insurance Reviews
- Accurate Auto Insurance Rating: 3.5 Stars
- Top Recommendations For Car Insurance
Overview Of Accurate Auto Insurance
Established in 1992, Accurate Auto Insurance offers a focused service – to find customers the cheapest car insurance rates on the market.
Similar to popular travel booking sites, the agency gathers quotes from a network of about two dozen auto insurance companies and comes up with the lowest-priced options. After receiving the quotes, you can choose to purchase from the auto insurance provider or directly through Accurate. You can purchase from Accurate either on its website or over the phone with an insurance agent.
It’s important to note the Accurate Auto Insurance is relatively small, only available to drivers in the following states:
- New Mexico
The company doesn’t have many ads or reviews online and is not a household name—like State Farm or Progressive—when it comes to insurance agencies. However, it is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with an A+ rating.
Accurate Auto Insurance Coverage
Accurate provides quotes for five different types of insurance coverage plans:
- Auto insurance: This is the most common type of insurance Accurate offers. While minimum requirements vary in all states, auto insurance plans generally help to cover costs associated with accidents. Coverage can extend to the vehicle, passengers, and medical bills of both the driver and any other involved parties.
- Motorcycle insurance: Many people think having an auto insurance plan covers motorcycles, too. But insurance for a two-wheel vehicle is a completely different matter. Motorcycle insurance is usually more affordable than auto insurance, as motorcycles are considered to be a single-person mode of transportation and coverage doesn’t extend to passengers.
- SR-22 insurance: An SR-22 is actually not insurance – it’s a document required of certain individuals by the state. Accurate Auto Insurance advertises its agents as specialists in this area, with an SR-22 offered as one of the lowest-priced plans. An SR-22 is usually required for drivers with any of the following: DUI or DWI conviction, at-fault accidents while driving without insurance, repeat offenses or tickets within a short time period, or suspended or revoked license.
- Indiana SR-50 insurance: This document is similar to an SR-22 but specific to the state of Indiana. It’s required by the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) and pertains to drivers considered to be high-risk. An SR-50 is issued together with an insurance plan, and verifies the driver presently meets the state’s minimum insurance requirements.
- Rideshare insurance: Many personal vehicles are now being used for rideshare services, such as Lyft or Uber. Rideshare insurance is an add-on to personal auto insurance, and it covers any time the vehicle is being used for business purposes.
Accurate Auto Insurance Cost
Like most providers, Accurate doesn't publish its auto insurance rates online. To help you get a general idea of how much Accurate Auto Insurance might cost for you, here are the averages for the states in which the company offers insurance coverage:
|State||Allstate Annual Cost Estimate||State Average Cost Estimate|
Data not available
The cost of any auto insurance policy will depend on multiple factors, including:
- The type of auto insurance you include on your policy
- Coverage limits and deductible amounts
- Your location
- The year, make, and model of your vehicle
- Your driving history
- The gender listed on your drivers license
- And more
Accurate Auto Insurance prices vary even more since this company matches customers with a variety of car insurance providers. The following tables show how much top national providers charge on average to a few different driver profiles:
|Car Insurance Company||Annual Rate Estimate|
|Car Insurance Company||Annual Rate Estimate|
|Car Insurance Company||Annual Rate Estimate|
Accurate Auto Insurance Reviews
Despite being in business for more than 25 years, Accurate Auto Insurance doesn’t have many customer reviews – with fewer than 10 on the BBB website and fewer than 20 on Yelp. Customer complaints mention a poor insurance claims process and customer service. This is likely due to Accurate being a broker and not a direct provider. Any actual processing falls on the shoulders of the automotive insurance provider that the agency matches you with.
Accurate is responsive and tends to reply to any negative customer reviews.
Positive Accurate Auto Insurance Reviews
Positive Accurate Auto Insurance reviews detail the company's helpful and knowledgeable customer service representatives, as well as long-term customer satisfaction.
“A company that helps you and explains every part of the policy from beginning to end. That’s what Accurate did. I received my policy and ID cards on the spot and saved some money also.”
– Margaret K. via Accurate
"I have been with Accurate a very long time – since 1998. I had a problem with my renewal, so I called the Oak Brook office, and spoke to Marissa on 9/25/17. She was so nice and told me if I ever needed any help to call her and gave me her extension. So on 9/28/17 I called her again. She was so patient with me that I added my second car to my existing policy. Thank you again Marissa for your wonderful help."
– Chantal M. via BBB
Negative Accurate Auto Insurance Reviews
Negative reviews for Accurate shed light on slow claims processing and reports of poor user experiences on the company's website.
“Totally happy with the cheap rates. The make-a-payment option on their website is a joke... Always slow and annoying but eventually gets the job done. They should update this functionality on the site.”
– Emmy S. via Yelp
Accurate Auto Insurance Rating: 3.5 Stars
While Accurate Auto Insurance can give you a number insurance companies to choose from, it may not provide the best service when it comes time to file and process claims. Overall, we rate Accurate at 3.5 out of 5.0 stars and recommend it for drivers looking for cheap auto insurance.
|Ability to get several quotes in minutes||Only available in 12 states|
|Affordable||Relatively small network of auto insurance providers|
|No credit check required||Fewer offices than larger providers|
|Coverage for high-risk drivers||Very few reviews|
Top Recommendations For Car Insurance
For those who would rather deal directly with providers, there are many options. It’s always a good idea to do your own research for something as important as auto insurance.
Based on our in-depth research across all top providers, two stood out in particular – USAA and Progressive.
USAA: Best For Military
This insurance provider consistently tops our list as one of the best in the industry. It has an A++ rating from AM Best and the highest scores on the J.D. Power 2021 U.S. Auto Insurance Study. It’s only available to U.S. military members, candidates in commissioning programs, and spouses and children of existing USAA members. But for those who qualify, USAA offers affordable, comprehensive policies.
Read our USAA auto insurance review to learn more.
Progressive: Best For High-Risk Drivers
In many ways, Progressive shaped how we shop for car insurance today as the first company to offer online purchases, one-stop claim service centers, and comparative rating experiences. In terms of insurance plans, Progressive offers standard coverage with several different options to save. You can get discounts for being a good driver and bundle with other types of insurance.
To learn more about coverage, read our Progressive auto insurance review.
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of auto insurance providers to formulate rankings of the best insurers. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Insurers with strong financial ratings and customer-first business practices receive the highest scores in this category.
- Availability: We consider availability by state as well as exclusions for specific groups of drivers.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of insurance available, maximum coverage limits, and add-on policies.
- Cost and Discounts: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of drivers in every state. Companies with lower prices and many car insurance discount opportunities receive the best scores.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and consumer feedback studies from experts like J.D. Power.
- Technology: Auto insurers with mobile apps, advanced online services and telematics are more likely to meet consumer needs.
Read our other insurance articles:
- Preferred Auto Insurance Review
- Baja Auto Insurance Review
- Missouri Farm Bureau Insurance Review
- Oxford Auto Insurance Review
- A-Max Auto Insurance Review
- AIG Auto Insurance Review
- Just Auto Insurance Review
- Grundy Auto Insurance Review
- Safe Auto Insurance Review
- Technology Insurance Company