If you are worried about having to spend your entire savings on costly automotive repairs, you should consider an extended auto warranty. For a low monthly rate, you receive peace of mind since your warranty company will cover repairs for you in the event of a mechanical breakdown.
In this article, we will look at ForeverCar's reputation, coverage plans, and added benefits to help you decide if it is the right choice for your vehicle protection.
In this article:
- About ForeverCar
- ForeverCar Warranty Plans
- ForeverCar Plan Benefits and Limitations
- How Much Does ForeverCar Cost?
- Benefits of Extended Car Warranties
- Our Verdict On ForeverCar: 4.0 Stars
- Our Recommendations for Extended Auto Warranty Coverage
ForeverCar began in 2014 as a warranty comparison website. Over the years, it has grown into a sizeable provider of extended car warranties.
One way that ForeverCar has grown so quickly is through partnerships with companies like CUNA Mutual Group, Consumers Credit Union, SafeAuto, and Liberty Mutual. ForeverCar also holds partnerships with many auto dealers, meaning that it’s possible to obtain a ForeverCar extended auto warranty while purchasing your new or used car.
ForeverCar markets itself as offering car owners great coverage that includes convenience, transparency and trust. The provider matches car owners to warranty service administrators by evaluating desired coverage, term duration, and cost criteria.
ForeverCar holds a great reputation. Not only does it actively maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) with 8 total complaints over the last three years, but it also has a 4.8-star rating on Trustpilot even after 2,500 car owners submitted reviews. Additionally, ForeverCar holds honors like a 2018 IT World Award for Startup of the Year, a 2018 Stevie Award for Product of the Year, and more.
ForeverCar Warranty Plans
ForeverCar offers a total of four protection plans for any new or used vehicles with 150,000 miles or less. All warranty plans are available only for 3 years/unlimited miles.
Platinum Plus Plan
The highest level of coverage available, the Platinum Plus plan provides comprehensive, bumper-to-bumper coverage and added coverage for parts that require frequent replacement. These parts include:
- Brake pads
- Batteries (excluding hybrid batteries)
- Headlights and all other bulbs inside and outside the vehicle
- Belts and hoses
- Wiper blades
- Wheel alignment
The Platinum plan is ForeverCar’s bumper-to-bumper warranty that may be comparable to a car’s factory warranty. The exclusionary plan covers almost all vehicle parts with the exception of those that require frequent replacement from wear and tear. The plan also does not cover regularly required maintenance or aftermarket parts not installed in the factory.
The mid-range vehicle service contract is the Gold plan. In addition to all of the parts covered under the lower-tier Silver plan, this warranty covers the following parts:
- Anti-lock brake system
- Power seating, windows, doors, and mirrors
- Digital displays
- All sensors
- Rear glass heating
- Windshield washer pumps
- All radiator components
- Heat/AC blower motor and heater core
For hybrid and electric vehicles, the Gold Plan also covers all components involved in battery charging and voltage regulation.
Considered the most basic warranty through ForeverCar, the Silver plan is a powertrain warranty that covers the following parts:
- Drive axle
- Brakes (except brake pads/disks)
- Air conditioning
- Seals and gaskets
Additionally, the Silver Plan covers unique components like cables and transformers for hybrid, electric, and Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) vehicles.
ForeverCar Plan Benefits and Limitations
Unlike some other warranty companies, ForeverCar offers customers the ability to choose their own deductible and wait period customization. Most warranty companies require a 30-day, 1,000-mile waiting period before they will cover any car repairs. With ForeverCar, though, you can choose from multiple options, with some waiting periods as low as 200 miles. Deductibles range from $500 to as low as $0.
ForeverCar requires that you use a preferred repair facility for all covered repairs and will help you locate the best repair facility near you.
Finally, all ForeverCar warranty plans include 24/7 roadside assistance (up to $100 per occurrence), rental car reimbursement ($35/day for up to 10 days), and trip interruption coverage (up to $200 per day for five days).
How Much Does ForeverCar Cost?
The cost of an extended auto warranty depends on a number of factors, like your vehicle's age, mileage, accident history, location, and the plan you choose. To get more insight into ForeverCar's pricing, we reached out to get quotes for the following vehicles:
|Vehicle||Liberty Bell Warranty Plan||
2016 Honda CR-V
|Platinum Plus||3 years/unlimited miles||$77 for 36 months||First payment||$250|
2013 Toyota Camry
3 years/unlimited miles
$63 for 36 months
Benefits of Extended Car Warranties
You may be wondering if purchasing an extended auto warranty is worth it for you, so let’s cover the benefits of extended protection.
An extended warranty, also known as a vehicle service contract, is a plan that car owners can purchase for new or used vehicles. These plans essentially provide coverage for car repairs needed due to parts malfunctions or manufacturer defects. An extended warranty can provide vehicle owners with financial peace of mind beyond the factory warranty.
When you look at the costs of common car repairs, many extended warranties will pay for themselves after a few visits to a repair facility and save you money in the long run. These costs are based on approximations provided by RepairPal.com.
|Oxygen sensor replacement||$763–$863|
|Catalytic converter replacement||$3,341–$3,416|
|Mass air flow sensor replacement||$515-674|
Most extended car warranties provide other great benefits as well, including:
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance: There’s nothing worse than ending up stranded on the side of the road with an empty gas tank, dead car battery, or engine trouble. Luckily, most warranty companies provide customers with roadside assistance. This service typically includes tire repair, battery charging, gas delivery, or towing coverage.
- Rental Car Provision: In the unfortunate event that your car ends up at a repair facility for multiple days, most warranty companies provide rental car coverage in some form. Some pay for the rental car upfront while others offer rental car reimbursement, but either way this perk makes your extended auto warranty even better.
- Trip Interruption Coverage: No one wants to be stranded far from home while waiting for car repairs. Luckily, many warranty companies understand that this hassle creates financial stress, so they include provisions for lodging and food if you end up stranded while traveling.
- Payment Plans: While many dealers expect payment for an extended warranty upfront, most third-party warranty companies allow you to split the cost of an extended warranty into monthly terms that work for your budget.
- Transferability: Many warranty companies allow car owners to transfer warranties to subsequent owners. If a potential buyer knows that the vehicle they purchase from you will come backed with extended protection, it may provide them with a sense of trust and make your vehicle more desirable.
Our Verdict On ForeverCar: 4.0 Stars
When you purchase a new or pre-owned vehicle, the last thing you want is to end up spending your paycheck on car repairs. Luckily, extended warranties provide vehicle owners with some peace of mind while providing great benefits along the way.
If you’re in the market for an extended warranty, ForeverCar is worth a look, especially if you’re looking for a provider with a good reputation. There are a few places where the provider doesn’t stack up to the competition, though, such as the lack of coverage for vehicles with over 150,000 miles and the potential for a high deductible on repairs.
All plans are for 3 years/unlimited miles
Great customer service
|Doesn’t cover vehicles with more than 150,000 miles|
Direct payments to repair facilities
|Doesn’t cover vehicles older than 2010|
Includes perks like 24/7 roadside assistance, rental car reimbursement, and trip interruption coverage
Our Recommendations for Extended Auto Warranty Coverage
In order to find the best coverage for the best price, we encourage you to get several quotes so that you can compare them. ForeverCar offers the basics, but ultimately our research team found better options on the market.
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate rankings of the best providers. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Warranty providers with a history of strong business practices and endorsements from experts receive the highest scores in this category.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of extended warranty plans available, coverage terms, and added benefits like roadside assistance.
- Cost: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of plans and vehicles. Companies with lower prices per year of coverage receive the best scores.
- Transparency: This score takes into account contract transparency and the availability of a money-back guarantee.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and perform our own shopper analysis to get a sense of the responsiveness and helpfulness of each warranty company.
Read our guides to other warranty providers: