*The length of coverage varies by the state in which your car is registered, so review your Toyota Warranty & Maintenance Guide for details.
Toyota Hybrid Vehicles
Your Toyota hybrid vehicle comes with the same 3-year/36-month basic coverage plus the 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. It also carries coverage of certain parts specific to your hybrid. Hybrid-related components are covered for 8 years/100,000 miles. This includes the battery, battery control module, hybrid control module, and inverter with converter.
Toyota Certified Used Vehicles (TCUV)
Toyota currently has two certified used-vehicle programs in the works – Gold Certified and Silver Certified. Vehicles sold through each program come with different levels of Toyota used car coverage.
Toyota Gold Certified Program
Gold Certified vehicles must be newer than six model years old and have less than 85,000 miles. These vehicles also must pass a minimum 160-point inspection. Gold Certified TCUVs come with coverages including:
- Limited Comprehensive Warranty: This plan is valid for 12 months/12,000 miles after vehicle purchase date and provides exclusionary coverage for most manufacturer or dealer-installed equipment parts.
- Limited Powertrain Warranty: Valid for up to 7 years/100,000 total vehicle miles, whichever comes first, this plan covers any repair or replacement of numerous critical engine, transmission, axle assembly, and alternative fuel components.
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance: This service is valid for up to 7 years/100,000 miles from the date of TCUV purchase. It includes lockout service, flat tire changes, jump-starts, fuel deliveries, and towing services.
The Gold Certified Limited Comprehensive Warranty carries a $0 deductible. The Limited Powertrain Warranty and 24-hour Roadside Assistance coverages are transferable to a new owner at no cost.
Toyota Silver Certified Program
Silver Certified offers access to quality used Toyotas of older model years. To qualify as Silver Certified, Toyota vehicles must be newer than 10 model years old and have between 60,000 and 125,000 miles. The vehicles must fall outside of Gold Certified eligibility, and pass a 136-point minimum quality assurance inspection.
Silver Certified vehicles offer less built-in protection than Gold Certified Toyotas. However, you’ll still receive the following coverages:
- Limited Powertrain Warranty: Valid for up to 12 months/12,000 miles from the date or purchase, whichever comes first, this warranty covers repairs and replacements for many components in the engine, manual or automatic transmission, axle assembly, and alternative fuel systems.
- 24-Hour Roadside Assistance: This service is valid for 12 months or 12,000 miles from the date of vehicle purchase. It includes towing services, lockout assistance, flat tire changes, fuel deliveries, and jump-starts.
Coverage for both Gold and Silver Certified programs also includes the remainder of the vehicle’s existing 8-year/100,0000-mile Fuel Cell Vehicle Warranty, if applicable, or the existing 8-year/100,000-mile or 10-year/150,000-mile Factory Hybrid Vehicle Battery Warranty, if applicable.
Both Gold and Silver Certified Toyota warranty coverage is honored at more than 1,400 Toyota dealerships in the U.S. and Canada. Vehicles in both programs come with free Carfax® Vehicle History Reports.