For certified used vehicles, Toyota offers vehicle service contracts that provide extended coverage after the certified limited warranty ends. The Toyota Certified Vehicle Service Agreement covers select parts and repairs in the following systems:
- Manual/automatic transmission
- Axle assembly
- Select hybrid-related components
If your CPO Toyota is less than three years old and has less than 36,000 miles on the odometer, it is eligible for a Toyota vehicle service agreement that adds coverage up to 10 years or 125,000 miles, whichever comes first. Toyota extended warranty costs will vary from dealership to dealership and depend on your vehicle’s model, age, and mileage.
What Toyota Customers Say
In 2023, we used Pollfish to survey 1,000 people from across the country who had purchased extended warranties from their car’s manufacturer. Out of the total, 187 respondents had purchased a Toyota extended warranty.
Most Toyota drivers were satisfied with the coverage. Here are a few things they said:
- “I’m completely satisfied with my warranty. If anything happens I take it to my dealership and they handle all the issues.”
- “I am somewhat satisfied with the warranty. It has paid for most of the repairs for my vehicle and all I have to do is pay the deductible.”
- “I am extremely satisfied with the warranty coverage that I have purchased as it makes me feel less stressed since I have costs covered.”
On the other hand, a few people expressed dissatisfaction:
- “I’m very dissatisfied. Getting an existing brake issue took over a year and I had to fight a lot with them.”
- “I’m not super satisfied just because they overprice the warranty but it doesn’t fix anything for you.”
Other Choices For Extended Toyota Coverage
If you’re looking for greater flexibility in your Toyota extended warranty choices, it’s worth considering coverage from a reputable third-party warranty company. Independent providers allow you to purchase coverage at any point, not just at the time of vehicle purchase. They also offer high term limits on average, with coverage up to 200,000 or even 300,000 miles in some cases.
In October 2023, our team conducted a survey of 1,000 consumers who had purchased extended warranty coverage to learn about their experiences. When asked which companies they chose for coverage, CarShield, Carchex, and Endurance were three of the most popular choices. You can learn more about some of our top recommendations for extended coverage below.
CarShield is one of the most popular extended car warranty companies on the market. Since its beginning in 2005, the provider has protected over 1 million vehicles. It offers seven levels of coverage ranging from powertrain to comprehensive coverage, and it even offers specialty plans exclusively for electric vehicles as well as motorcycles and ATVs.
CarShield is a good choice for those searching for maximum flexibility in a warranty contract. You can start and end a CarShield warranty plan whenever you choose with its flexible month-to-month plans. It also has one of the highest mileage limits on the market, covering vehicles up to 300,000 miles.
Learn more about the provider in our CarShield review.