Infiniti owners are offered what’s known as Infiniti’s Elite® Extended Protection Plan. Note that you’ll need to still be covered by your factory warranty to buy this plan, which has coverage terms of up to eight years or 120,000 miles, whichever comes first.
While there’s only one Infiniti-backed protection plan, it’s an exclusionary one. This means that you’ll have the highest coverage level available to you for over 1,850 components of your car. Systems and parts covered include the:
- Steering and suspension
- Lubrication and cooling
- Fuel system (including fuel pump)
- Belts and hoses
- Air conditioning and heater
- Advanced driver assistance system
- Hybrid parts
Infiniti’s extended warranty has some advantages and drawbacks. On one hand, you can be sure you’re getting serviced by authorized centers that know Infiniti vehicles well and will use genuine Infiniti parts.
On the other hand, you always have to bring your car into an Infiniti service center, which means you may not be able to bring it to your favorite local shop, and the cost of your Infiniti warranty may be rolled into your financing, causing you to pay interest.
Infiniti Extended Warranty Perks
You’ll receive the following benefits with an Infiniti extended warranty:
- Roadside assistance: This includes tows, jump-starts, fuel and fluid deliveries, lockout assistance, and spare tire assistance.
- Rental car reimbursement: You’ll get up to $50 per day for a rental car for up to five days.
- Trip interruption benefits: Up to $500 for lodging and food will be provided if you experience a covered breakdown more than 100 miles from home.
- Courtesy towing: Your car will be towed to the nearest dealership within 250 miles of your breakdown location free of charge.
What Infiniti Customers Say
In 2023, we surveyed 1,000 people from across the country who had purchased an extended warranty from their car’s manufacturer. Out of all the respondents, only two had Infiniti extended warranties.
One driver with a G20 with under 50,000 miles said, “I was very satisfied with the coverage. The repairs were taken care of at the dealership in a timely manner.” The other Infiniti owner said it was expensive for the coverage and they paid between $2,000 and $3,000 for the plan. These are interesting notes, but the sample size isn’t big enough to draw any conclusions.
Infiniti Certified Pre-Owned Extended Warranty Coverage
If you’d like extended coverage for your Infiniti CPO car, you’re in luck. You can buy an Elite CPO Wrap Plan to provide you with additional coverage for up to 8 years/unlimited miles.
More than 220 components are covered – including your car’s infotainment system and hybrid parts if you own a hybrid Infiniti model. In addition, you’ll receive the same perks that come with an Infiniti Elite Extended Protection Plan.