The four levels of Honda’s extended warranty coverage include:
- New vehicle coverage
- Pre-owned vehicle coverage
- Certified additional coverage
- Powertrain coverage (pre-owned vehicles only)
Honda Extended Warranty Contracts
New, pre-owned, and certified additional coverage contracts provide warranty protection for the following parts:
- Powertrain: Includes the engine, transmission, differentials, and axles
- Electronics: Includes computers, electronic components, and electrical systems
- Chassis: Includes the suspension, steering, and brake systems
- Heating and cooling: Includes the air conditioning, heating, and engine cooling systems
- Honda genuine accessories: Includes audio and communication devices along with accessories, the navigational system, and the security system
The powertrain plan covers only the engine, front and rear drive axles, transmission, and related seals, gaskets, and fluids.
Honda Extended Warranty Coverage List
Below is a list of components covered by the Honda extended warranty:
- Powertrain parts
- Drive axles
- Heating/cooling systems
- Engine cooling system
- Vehicle chassis
- Roadside assistance
- Rental car reimbursement
- Trip interruption coverage
- Concierge services through HondaLink
Honda Extended Warranty Exclusions
Not everything is protected under the Honda extended warranty. While most breakdowns are covered, the following items are not:
- Vehicle frame
- Interior upholstery, latches, and hinges
- Exhaust system
- Wiper blades
- Spark plugs
- Air bags
- Regular maintenance services
- Covered parts damaged by uncovered parts
- Improper use, including racing and drifting
- Vermin damage
- Environmental or collision damage
- Preexisting conditions
Honda Care Warranty Benefits
Honda Care vehicle service contracts come with the following additional benefits:
- Rental car reimbursement: Covers up to $35 per day for a maximum of six days while your car is in the shop for a covered repair
- Transferability: If you sell your car, coverage can be transferred to the next vehicle owner for a $50 fee
- Roadside assistance: Includes battery jump-starts, towing, fuel delivery services, lockout assistance, tire changes, and emergency fuel deliveries up to $100
- Trip interruption benefit: Pays up to $300 for food and lodging if a covered breakdown occurs over 100 miles away from home
- 24/7 emergency concierge service: Helps you with emergency airline ticket assistance, auto glass replacement referrals, insurance claim assistance, and maintenance appointments
The family roadside assistance plan is available for those with certain plans and covers two to five Honda or Acura vehicles or motorcycles if registered at the same address.
Honda Care Maintenance
Honda Care Maintenance provides coverage for your car’s routine maintenance requirements as listed in the owner’s manual. It includes services such as tire rotations, oil and filter changes, brake fluid and automatic transmission fluid flushes, and multipoint inspections.
Honda Care Maintenance helps Honda car owners to prepay for routine car maintenance services as described in the owner’s manual. Any new Honda vehicle less than 12 months old and with less than 12,000 miles on it is eligible for this plan.
Honda Sentinel Coverage
Honda also offers maintenance service contracts called Honda Care Sentinel plans. These contracts cover services such as routine oil and filter changes along with road hazard tire protection. Tire protection is limited to the four original tires on the vehicle at the time of sale and will not cover manufacturer defects, intentional damage, or issues caused by collisions, theft, vandalism, or fire. Tire repair bills are covered up to $35 per repair or $150 per tire for a replacement.
If you own multiple Honda vehicles, you may be interested in the Honda Care Family Plan, which spreads benefits like roadside assistance and rental car reimbursement across up to five Honda or Acura vehicles.
Honda Sentinel Plus Services
The Honda Sentinel Plus plan features stated component coverage for essential parts of the chassis, electronics systems, air conditioning, heating and cooling systems, and Honda genuine accessories.
Since the availability of certain benefits, limits, and exclusions can change by location, you should contact your local dealer or refer to your vehicle service contract for more information.
Honda Care For Non-Honda Vehicles
Honda Care plans are not limited to only Honda vehicles. You can also buy a Honda Care plan for non-Honda vehicles bought from one of the automaker’s dealers. These plans are transferable and are administered by the Automobile Protection Corporation. Coverage options include new vehicle coverage, pre-owned vehicle coverage, and powertrain coverage (for pre-owned vehicles only).
Honda Extended Warranty Terms And Conditions
If you purchase a Honda extended warranty directly from the dealership, you’ll run into a few stipulations. Honda requires that factory technicians perform all repairs and use genuine Honda parts, so you must take your car to a dealership for any covered services.
Honda may also require that you show proof of routine maintenance to qualify for certain covered repairs. This can include everything from oil changes to mileage-based tuneups.
When you purchase from a third-party extended warranty provider rather than from a dealer, you may find the terms of your plan to be more flexible.
Honda Warranty Transfers And Cancellation
If you sell your vehicle, you can usually either cancel the Honda Care contract or transfer it to the buyer for the remainder of the contract term. The buyer should be a private party (no lenders or dealers), and the transfer should happen within 20 days of the date of sale. Also, a transfer fee of $50 will apply.
If you cancel your Honda Care contract within 60 days of its start and haven’t filed any claims, you will receive a full refund. If you cancel your contract after 60 days, you’ll have to pay a cancellation fee of $25 and your refund will be prorated.