Are you considering purchasing an extended car warranty from CNA Auto Warranty? We make it easier for you to decide on this provider by reviewing the company, its coverage, and sharing user reviews.
Read on to learn more about CNA, or click below to go ahead and get free quotes from the industry’s leading providers.
What Is CNA Auto Warranty?
CNA Auto Warranties are vehicle service contracts administered by CNA National Warranty Corporation (CNA). A recognized leader in the vehicle service contract industry, CNA has paid more than $3 billion for customer repairs and approves over 1,200 service contracts and warranty claims daily. CNA is also BBB accredited and holds an A+ rating with the organization.
The company has been in business since 1982 and is based in Scottsdale, Arizona. CNA Auto Warranties can only be purchased through certain dealerships, and the company does not provide sample contracts or free quotes online.
What Makes CNA Auto Warranty Appealing?
- Award winning company: CNA received 1st place in Auto Dealer Today’s review of the best vehicle service contracts.
- A+ BBB rating: Many companies do not receive an A+, so this rating is impressive.
- Years in business: With over 35 years as a vehicle service contract provider, CNA is one of the longest operating businesses in the industry.
- Strong financial backing: CNA Auto Warranties are backed by CNA Financial, one of the oldest and largest commercial insurance company groups in the U.S., with over $55 billion in assets.
What Does A CNA Auto Warranty Cover?
A CNA Auto Warranty’s coverage depends on the type of CNA Auto Warranty you purchase.
The company provides four different levels of coverage: Basic, Good, Better, and Best.
Below is a high-level description of each plan.
Basic: Powertrain Advantage Care
- Drivetrain Assembly
Good: Vehicle Value Care
Includes Basic plan coverage plus:
- Front-Wheel Steering
- Air Conditioning & Heating
- Fuel System
- Cooling System
Better: Mechanical Advantage Care
Includes Good plan coverage plus:
- Interior Electronics
- Powertrain Electronics
- ABS Brakes
- Convenience Accessories
- Vehicle Hardware
Best: Automotive Preferred Care
This plan includes all parts ranging from the engine and transmission to audio equipment and video hardware.
CNA Auto Warranty Reviews
As with all car warranty providers we have examined, we found some positive reviews and some negative reviews.
“I just got my Honda Pilot back and CNA covered the repairs! I am glad I purchased this extended warranty so my deductible was the only amount out of pocket (other than the original warranty purchase price). Even with Honda’s reputation for reliability, there is still the chance that something unexpected can happen, especially with the amount of electronics and computer controlled features with new vehicles today. Both CNA and the Honda dealer got us back on the road.”
– Jim and Emily R. from Yelp
“I initially had an issue with CNA honoring what is considered to be ‘standard’ suspension repairs in the 3rd party warranty industry. After expressing my concerns to CNA, a claims Manager at CNA named Josh responded to my review and decided that the repairs were warranted. Thanks to CNA staff like Josh, I have a renewed confidence in aftermarket warranty coverages. I believe that folks like Josh are a credit to his organization—who use a ‘3rd’ set of eyes on a difficult situation in righting a wrong! A big kudos to Josh, the claims manager at CNA.”
– Demetrius from BBB
“I have had CNA service agreements on my last 3 cars. In each case it has proven to be a great decision. Their claims department has handled our claims quickly and fairly.”
– David T. from BBB
“I am not at all happy with my CNA Warranty so far. I am feeling a bit ripped off by an insurance company who is using ‘hidden fine print’ to be used as excuses to avoid covering expensive failures, which is EXACTLY why we buy these warranties, and especially, upgrade to the Premium Package to ensure everything would be covered!”
– Rich B. from Yelp
“Don’t waste your money for this service.They’ll bring the most stupid excuses to not pay your shop. And, pretty much everybody at customer service has an attitude.”
– Eleight C. from Yelp
“[CNA] is doing everything in its power to not have to pony up the $1500 dollars to pay off our totaled truck. We paid $893 for this service. They had no problem taking our money. This has been going on for weeks. We call everyday to no avail. There is always some issue. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.”
– Valerie P. from Yelp
Our Recommendations for Extended Car Warranties
Here are our top picks for auto warranty providers:
Our review team believes that CNA Auto Warranties are worth looking into because of CNA’s recent vehicle service contract award from Auto Dealer Today, strong financial backing, and years in business.
Best Coverage: Endurance
Endurance is an excellent option for extended warranties as it offers direct-to-consumer extended warranties, which means that warranty services and claims are handled directly by Endurance. Our team rated it 4.6 out of 5.0 stars and gave it the Best Coverage award.
Here are a few reasons that Endurance came out ahead of CNA in our reviews.
- Free, customizable quotes online: Endurance allows you to receive a free, customized quote online. By requesting a free quote, you can know what you would pay for your extended warranty before talking to a sales representative.
- Sample contracts available online for review: Sample contracts are available online for prospective Endurance customers to review before purchasing a warranty.
- High mileage coverage: If you’re considering an extended warranty for a vehicle with 200,000+ miles, Endurance is one of the few providers in the industry who will work with you.
Endurance is known for its excellent customer service during the quote and claims process. Since they handle everything directly, you don’t have to worry about a middleman or underwriting provider.
Additionally, Endurance warranty plans allow car owners to choose from any repair shop certified by Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) to complete their covered repairs.
Best For Used Cars: CARCHEX
CARCHEX is a great alternative to Endurance and our team rated it 4.4 out of 5.0 stars. Here are a few reasons that CARCHEX came out ahead of CNA in our reviews.
- Sample contracts available online for review: Unlike CNA, CARCHEX provides sample contracts online so you know exactly what you’re getting from them.
- Free, customizable quotes online: CARCHEX allows you to receive a free, customized quote online. This is very convenient because it lets you know what you would pay for your extended warranty before talking to a sales representative.
- Money back guarantee: CARCHEX provides a 30-Day Money Back Guarantee with all of its plans. A customer service representative from CNA informed us that whether a money-back guarantee is offered or not is dependent on the dealership where a warranty is purchased.
CARCHEX maintains an A+ rating and accreditation from the BBB, and it has received endorsements from industry leaders like CARFAX, Kelley Blue Book, and Edmunds.com.
CARCHEX offers a total of five extended warranty plans, each of which can be customized. All plans include 24/7 emergency roadside assistance, gas delivery, trip interruption services, and lockout services.
Having trouble deciding between Endurance and CARCHEX? Read our Endurance vs. CARCHEX review.
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of extended auto warranty companies to formulate rankings of the best providers. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Industry Standing: Warranty providers with a history of strong business practices and endorsements from experts receive the highest scores in this category.
- Coverage: This rating is based on types of extended warranty plans available, coverage terms, and added benefits like roadside assistance.
- Cost: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of plans and vehicles. Companies with lower prices per year of coverage receive the best scores.
- Transparency: This score takes into account contract transparency and the availability of a money-back guarantee.
- Customer Service: We comb through customer reviews and perform our own shopper analysis to get a sense of the responsiveness and helpfulness of each warranty company.