- Motorcycle Shippers holds a strong reputation in the industry with good customer reviews and being one of the oldest shipping providers.
- Motorcycle Shippers has decent scores across customer review websites like the BBB and Google.
- The provider only offers enclosed transportation, meaning it’ll cost more but your vehicle receives more protection.
Our expert review team takes a deep dive into the best auto shipping companies in the country every year. Our team analyzed 975 online reviews and collected over 70 quotes on popular shipping routes to get a sense of the customer experience each company has to offer. This paired with what each company has to offer as far as service selection and costs are big factors in how we grade each provider.
After 300 hours of research, we rate Motorcycle Shippers 4.0 out of 5.0 stars for its strong reputation and decent service selection for those looking to ship their motorcycle. In this article, we break down shipping costs, services, and customer reviews to see how the shipping broker stacks up to the competition.
Our Motorcycle Shippers Review And Methodology
When reviewing car shipping providers, we take reputation, cost, services, and customer experience into account. The following sections provide additional information on these categories and how Motorcycle Shippers measures up in each of them.
Motorcycle Shippers has been shipping motorcycles since 1994 and is available in all states as well as Puerto Rico. This paired with the company’s A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) shows a strong industry reputation. We give it a rating of 4.5 out of 5.0 stars in the reputation category.
For this review, we collected quotes from Motorcycle Shippers for shipping a 2018 Yamaha V Star various distances using their classic service option. This provider only offers enclosed shipping when transporting motorcycles. Enclosed transport means your motorcycle is shipped in an enclosed carrier for more protection. We give the company a 3.5-star rating for the cost category.
We give Motorcycle Shippers 3.8 out of 5.0-stars for its services. Although it only offers enclosed transportation, the company still provides a decent selection of shipping services for customers to choose from. Customers can have their motorcycles shipped door-to-door or choose terminal-to-terminal as a cheaper option.
Motorcycle Shippers offers customers the choice between the classic service option and economy service option. Classic service involves faster shipping times and you can add the VIP shipping option to choose your pickup and delivery dates for an additional cost. Economy service is similar to classic, but your motorcycle doesn’t have as much protection and has slower shipping times.
When rating a company for customer experience we consider online reviews and our own experiences collecting quotes. Motorcycle Shippers has strong reviews on the BBB website and Google. The company’s instant quote tool made it easy for our team to receive quotes during the review process. We give the company a 4.0-star rating for customer experience.
Motorcycle Shippers Overview
Headquarters: Fountain Valley, California
Service Area: All 50 states and Puerto Rico
Established in 1994, Motorcycle Shippers is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California. The company operates as a shipping broker, meaning it connects customers with its network of haulers for motorcycle shipping needs. Motorcycle Shippers works with licensed and vetted carriers that provide motorcycle shipping services to all 48 contiguous states and outbound shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico.
Motorcycle Shippers’ biggest draw is its variety of services. The broker provides classic and economy transport service, which lets customers choose the best option for them based on their budgets and shipping time frames. The provider ships the following types of vehicles:
- Golf carts
All motorcycle shipments are enclosed transport with door-to-door or terminal-to-terminal delivery. Based on a 2021 survey, our research team found that many respondents cited vehicle damage upon delivery as the most common issue while shipping their vehicle. With enclosed shipping, this is much less likely to happen.
Motorcycle Shippers Customer Reviews
Our team analyzed 975 reviews of 25 shipping companies to find which one had the most satisfied customers. Motorcycle Shippers’ reviews are mainly positive. The company holds an A+ rating from the BBB with an average customer rating of 2.3 out of 5.0 stars, though there are only three reviews. The company also has a 4.5-star rating out of 5.0 on Trustpilot from over 800 reviews, as well as a 4.0-star rating out of 5.0 on Google from more than 40 reviews.
Customers praise Motorcycle Shippers for its affordable motorcycle shipping rates and quick time frames. Some motorcyclists complain about issues getting in touch with the carrier and coordinating with customer service representatives for pickup and drop-off dates.
We’ve included positive and negative reviews below to provide a complete picture of the Motorcycle Shippers customer experience.
Positive Motorcycle Shippers Reviews
“I moved a 2019 Road Glide from California to South Carolina … They used a special pallet that protected the bike and allowed it to be secured well. My bike arrived in perfect condition. The driver was extremely professional. [I] highly recommend these guys. Thank you!”
– Vince via Google
“Friendly and efficient service. I’ve used Motorcycle Shippers several times through the years and have never had any trouble. Very dependable carrier.”
– Michael via Trustpilot
Motorcycle Shippers Complaints
“Absolutely horrible customer service. I paid $600 extra to ship three motorcycles ‘VIP.’ [They] did not meet the delivery window or regular window (without VIP). When I called to understand why, they said there was nothing they could do.”
– JS via BBB
“My order was from Utah to Texas and took exactly six weeks (1,350 miles away).”
– Tanner Johnson via Google
Motorcycle Shippers Services
Motorcycle Shippers provides the following motorcycle transport services:
- Enclosed transport: Motorcycle Shippers only offers enclosed transport, which protects your motorcycle from inclement weather or debris on the road. It gives owners the greatest peace of mind.
- Door-to-door service: Your motorcycle is shipped directly to your home, allowing convenient pickup and drop-off.
- Terminal-to-terminal service: Your bike is picked up from one terminal and shipped to another terminal rather than a home or business. This option is only available with classic service.
- VIP shipping: For an extra fee, Motorcycle Shippers will prioritize your motorcycle transport and have it shipped within a few days.
Motorcycle Shippers Extras And Add-Ons
Motorcycle Shippers also offers the choice between classic and economy service.
- Classic service: Your motorcycle is placed on a special skid and secured with soft straps in an enclosed trailer. The transport time is faster than economy service, and you can add VIP shipping to choose your pickup and delivery dates for an extra fee.
- Economy service: This option differs from classic service because your motorcycle doesn’t have a perimeter of protection and the shipping time is slower.
The shipping broker also provides an online tracking system, though it is not in real time.
Motorcycle Shippers Cost
Our team spent 300 hours researching many companies within the auto transportation industry to gain insight on shipping costs from different companies. Motorcycle Shippers offers competitive up-front rates for most of its shipping services. Based on motorcycle shipping quotes we received, it charges $1,188 on average per transport.
Your motorcycle shipping costs will vary depending on multiple factors, so we recommend using this as a starting estimate.
Motorcycle Shippers Quotes
Based on a survey our team conducted in 2021, most respondents shipped their vehicle between 500 and 1,500 miles. For the sake of covering a full range of costs, we collected quotes from all distances. Here are a few shipping quotes we received from Motorcycle Shippers for a 2018 Yamaha V Star:
- Enclosed transport, classic service, 520 miles: $967
- Enclosed transport, classic service, 1,660 miles: $1,183
- Enclosed transport, classic service, 2,445 miles: $1,415
All motorcycle shipping quotes are inclusive, meaning you won’t need to worry about paying hidden fees. In some cases, Motorcycle Shippers may charge a fee for shipments to or from specific ZIP codes outside of regular transport lanes. You can easily avoid paying these fees by selecting an alternative ZIP code where the fee doesn’t apply.
Motorcycle Shippers offers discounts for dealers and military members.
What Affects Car Shipping Costs
There are a few key factors that affect the cost of motorcycle transport, including:
- Miles traveled: Cross-country shipments have lower rates per mile than shipments of shorter distances but cost more overall.
- Type of transport: Motorcycles can typically be transported in open or enclosed carriers. Enclosed transport costs more than open transport because your vehicle is protected from the elements and road debris in a shipping container.
- Type of delivery: It’s more expensive to have your motorcycle delivered to your door instead of a terminal.
- Shipping seasonality: It costs more to ship vehicles during the summer and January due to higher demand.
- Carrier competition: The higher competition between carrier bids, the lower the motorcycle shipping costs.
How To Ship A Motorcycle With Motorcycle Shippers
Motorcycle owners will need to have the following information handy to receive instant quotes:
- Starting location
- The bike’s year, make, and model
After you enter your information, you’ll be given an instant quote for classic and economy shipping. You’ll then be prompted to reserve your shipment and pay your balance. On the pickup date and delivery date, the hauler will note any damage to your motorcycle.
What To Know For A Successful Shipment
Motorcycle Shippers provides $7,000 in valuation coverage with no deductible. You can increase your coverage by paying $7 for each additional $1,000 in coverage during booking.
Motorcycle Shippers: Conclusion
Motorcycle Shippers is one of the best options for shipping motorcycles. The provider has a strong reputation within the auto shipping industry and solid customer reviews online. Despite not having the widest selection of shipping services, it’s still one of the most popular motorcycle shipping companies in the industry.
Motorcycle Shippers: Competitors
Reach out to motorcycle transport providers for shipping quotes to find the one that best fits your budget and needs. Our experts recommend contacting AmeriFreight and Montway Auto Transport for free, no-obligation quotes.
AmeriFreight: 4.5 Stars
Headquartered in Peachtree, Georgia, AmeriFreight is a popular motorcycle shipping broker. The company works with thousands of carriers who provide transportation services to the contiguous United States. AmeriFreight offers open and enclosed trailers and door-to-door delivery for motorcycles, ATVs, and scooters.
Learn more about the provider in our complete AmeriFreight review.
Montway Auto Transport: 4.7 Stars
Montway Auto Transport is a popular motorcycle broker offering specialized shipping services, including:
- Enclosed trailer shipping
- Door-to-door delivery
- Guaranteed pickup dates
- Additional insurance coverage
- International shipping
- Shipping between distribution centers
Find out more in our Montway Auto Transport review.