If you’re considering car shipping to Florida, it’s good to know about average costs, what to expect during shipment, and which vehicle transport companies are the best. Read on to learn exactly how to make car shipping in Florida a stress-free experience.
What To Expect When Shipping A Car In Florida
The weather in Florida is very humid and warm throughout the year, leading to beneficial conditions for auto transport. However, the state’s high potential for extreme weather can complicate matters. Road conditions can also affect car shipping in Florida, as can high-traffic zones such as the Miami and Tampa metropolitan areas.
Because of these factors, we recommend booking car shipping in Florida as soon as possible. If you choose an enclosed carrier to ship a classic car, expect the process to take longer.
Cost Of Florida Car Shipping
The average cost of car shipping in Florida ranges from $400 to around $1,400 for cross-country transports. If you’re shipping a car in Florida during the summer, expect to pay up to $300 more than if you were to ship a car during the rest of the year.
The average car shipping cost in Florida depends on multiple factors, including:
- Type of vehicle
- Pickup and drop-off locations
- Whether you choose open or enclosed auto transport
- Trip mileage
To give you an overview of average pricing, we gathered quotes from some of the top-rated Florida car transportation companies.
uShip Quotes For Florida Car Shipping
Cheap car shipping is relatively easy to find in Florida with uShip, though rates increase considerably for out-of-state transports. Still, vehicle shipping in Florida is much less expensive than the national average due to the large migration of snowbirds from places such as New York and New Jersey.
|Car Shipping Route||Cost|
|Tampa, Fla., to St. Augustine, Fla. (191 miles)||$254|
|Orlando, Fla., to Atlanta (438 miles)||$468|
|Tallahassee, Fla., to Tuscaloosa, Ala. (312 miles)||$589|
|Jersey City, N.J. to Boca Raton, Fla. (1,236 miles)||$1,042|
|Key West, Fla., to New York City (1,434 miles)||$1,339|
*These examples from uShip’s quote tool are based on the lowest rate offered for an operable 2015 Jeep Cherokee.
Montway Auto Transport Quotes For Florida Car Shipping
Car shipping in Florida to nearby cities usually costs less than $500 with Montway Auto Transport, while longer-distance transports can cost around $1,400.
|Car Shipping Route||Cost|
|Jacksonville, Fla., to Orlando, Fla. (141 miles)||$279|
|Tampa, Fla., to Miami (279 miles)||$409|
|Huntsville, Ala., to Tallahassee, Fla. (401 miles)||$539|
|Savannah, Ga., to Key West, Fla. (643 miles)||$639|
|Fort Lauderdale, Fla., to New York City (1,260 miles)||$769|
|California City, Calif., to Sarasota, Fla. (2,544 miles)||$1,419|
*These examples from Montway Auto Transport’s quote tool are based on the lowest rate offered for an operable 2016 Kia Optima.
Requirements For Florida Car Shipping
Car shipping in Florida requires you to provide a few documents and some key information before the vehicle shipping process can begin. We recommend that you gather everything you need early in order to meet Florida car shipping requirements, because failure to do so can result in delay.
Most vehicle transport companies require the following items before booking:
- Vehicle details: This consists of the make, model, year, vehicle identification number (VIN), and license plate number.
- Photo identification: A driver’s license or passport is usually accepted for this requirement.
- Proof of car insurance: Some vehicle transport companies require you to have auto insurance, so be prepared to provide your policy information.
- Shipper and consignee information: This includes name, phone number, email address, pickup and delivery addresses, and payment information.
- Proof of ownership: This can be proven by providing your vehicle registration or car title documents.
If you meet these basic requirements, you should be good to go. Now, we’ll recommend two of the top companies in the auto transport industry.
Recommendations For Florida Car Shipping
For car shipping in Florida, we recommend Montway Auto Transport and uShip based on their proven track records of providing excellent car transport services to Florida at affordable rates.
Montway Auto Transport: Best Overall
Montway Auto Transport is our top choice for Florida car shipping services, with an A+ rating, accreditation, and a 4.53-star out of 5.0 customer review score from the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
We named Montway Auto Transport the Best Overall auto transport company and gave it 4.6 out of 5.0-stars. The company provides excellent customer service and a hassle-free shipping process, as well as competitive prices and a wide selection of shipping options.
To learn more about this vehicle transport company, check out our Montway Auto Transport review.
uShip: Best Car Shipping Marketplace
Austin, Texas-based uShip is one of the best choices for Florida car shipping, as it’s more than an auto transport broker. The company has its own online marketplace where you can get free quotes from shipping providers.
We named uShip the Best Car Shipping Marketplace and rated it 4.4 stars out of 5.0. The provider has some of the most extensive car carrier connections in the industry, and customers praise it for low-cost shipping options and a large selection of services.
To see how much you could pay for car shipping in Florida, learn more in our uShip review.
FAQ: Car Shipping In Florida
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of car shipping companies to formulate rankings of the best transporters. Providers receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Reputation: Shippers with a history of strong business practices and endorsements from experts receive the highest scores in this category.
- Cost: Our research team reviews sample quotes for a variety of shipping routes, distances, and vehicles. Companies with lower prices and many discount opportunities receive the best scores.
- Services: This rating is based on types of auto transport services available, insurance coverage, and the ability to guarantee pickup and dropoff dates.
- Customer Experience: We comb through customer reviews and perform our own shopper analysis to get a sense of the responsiveness and helpfulness of each car transporter.