Partner Content: This content was created by a business partner of Motor1 and researched and written independently of the Motor1 newsroom. Links in this article may result in us earning a commission. Learn More
When it comes to getting a windshield replacement in Denver, car owners have plenty of options. However, not all auto glass services in the Mile High City offer the same level of service and quality.
Our research team conducted an in-depth study of the best auto glass companies to see which ones offer the best combination of windshield replacement prices and services for Denver drivers. Here’s what we found.
Best Windshield Replacement Denver
Based on our research, Auto Glass Now is the best provider for windshield replacement in Denver. Precision Auto Glass, Safelite Auto Glass, Absolute Auto Glass, and Professional Auto Glass also made our top five.
|Denver Auto Glass Provider||Google Score (Out of 5.0)|
|Auto Glass Now||4|
|Precision Auto Glass||4.8|
|Safelite Auto Glass||4.3|
|Absolute Auto Glass||4.9|
|Professional Auto Glass||5|
*Customer reviews are just one of many factors we considered in our study. Our ranking of these providers is based on their prices, service selection, and reputation in the Denver metro area, including surrounding areas like Arvada, Aurora, Boulder, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Centennial, Colorado Springs, Commerce City, Englewood, Highlands Ranch, and Littleton.
Auto Glass Now
Auto Glass Now is a windshield repair and replacement provider with more than 30 years of experience. The company provides same-day service for both in-shop and mobile windshield replacement to the Denver area.
With all services, Auto Glass Now offers a lifetime warranty. This guarantees protection against any leaks, molding, or defects. Auto Glass Now will adjust or repair any of the original work at no cost to you as long as you own or lease the vehicle you originally had serviced.
Windshield Replacement Denver: Auto Glass Now Cost
Auto Glass Now offers some of the cheapest rates for windshield replacement in Denver, giving our research team a quote of $265 plus tax to replace a windshield on a 2018 Honda Civic. The company charges an additional $35 fee to replace the molding, if necessary.
Precision Auto Glass
Precision Auto Glass stands out from competitors due to its many positive customer service reviews. The auto glass repair shop provides in-shop and mobile window repair and replacement services throughout the Denver metro area.
Precision Auto Glass guarantees all glass repairs and replacements against failure. The company only uses adhesives and other materials that meet both federal regulations and industry standards.
Windshield Replacement Denver: Precision Auto Glass Cost
Compared with other companies we reviewed, Precision Auto Glass’s prices are on the high side. The company quoted us $489 – which included taxes, fees, and a warranty – for a front windshield replacement on a 2018 Honda Civic.
Safelite Auto Glass
Safelite Auto Glass is a national auto glass repair company specializing in windshield repair and replacement and safety systems calibration. Safelite’s Denver auto glass shop offers in-house services as well as mobile auto glass repair and replacement.
With each auto glass service it performs, Safelite offers a limited warranty that protects against defects in material or workmanship for as long as you own the vehicle.
Windshield Replacement Denver: Safelite Auto Glass Cost
The auto glass shop quoted our team $469 for a windshield replacement on a 2018 Honda Civic. This price does not include any additional taxes or fees and is one of the highest quotes we received from an auto glass shop in the Denver area.
Absolute Auto Glass
Servicing the Denver and Lakewood areas, Absolute Auto Glass offers windshield repair and replacement and departure warning system recalibration. Drivers can take their vehicles to the Absolute Auto Glass shop or opt for mobile replacement and repair services.
Absolute Auto Glass offers one free year of in-shop chip repair, and drivers can purchase a windshield protection plan that promises one windshield replacement at no charge for up to one year.
Windshield Replacement Denver: Absolute Auto Glass Cost
Compared to other auto glass shops in Denver, Absolute Auto Glass offers affordable rates. The company quoted us $379 for in-shop services and $409 for mobile services. Absolute Auto Glass also offers a $30 in-shop replacement discount and a $10 mobile service multi-car discount.
Professional Auto Glass
Professional Auto Glass is an auto glass replacement, installation, and repair company with in-shop and mobile services in the Denver area. All work is completed by Auto Glass Safety Council-certified technicians.
The company offers same-day mobile auto glass repair and replacement services. In addition, Professional Auto Glass bills your insurance provider directly and helps with all necessary paperwork.
Windshield Replacement Denver: Professional Auto Glass Cost
Professional Auto Glass gave our team a windshield replacement quote of $339, but the price did not include any taxes or fees associated with installation. This quote is relatively cheap in comparison to other competitors on our list of the best companies offering auto glass services.
Windshield Replacement Denver: Cost
Based on our research, windshield replacement costs in Denver typically range from $265 to $489. Most of the companies on our list for the best auto glass services do not charge more for mobile repair, but it can sometimes come with an additional fee.
Auto Glass Service Cost Factors
The cost of a windshield replacement depends on several factors related to you, your vehicle, and your auto glass needs. These are the most impactful:
- Type of car: The year, model, and make of your vehicle determine the new windshield needed for the replacement. Replacement glass for newer cars and luxury vehicles tends to be more expensive than for more common cars.
- Type of damage: Some types of damage make it more difficult to remove your old windshield before installing a new one. This can add cost to the job.
- Windshield technology: Windshields with integrated safety features such as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) or rain sensors will cost more to replace than those without these technologies.
- Replacement glass type: The quality of glass used in the replacement correlates with the price. Windshields from the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) usually cost more than aftermarket glass.
- Your location: Rates vary depending on local markets and competition in the area.
- Location of damage: There can be significant differences in cost between replacing your front and back glass, depending on the related technologies. Side windows also differ in price from front and rear windshields.
Does Insurance Cover the Cost of Windshield Replacement?
If you have full coverage insurance, your auto insurance company typically covers the cost of a windshield replacement, minus your deductible. The term “full coverage” refers to auto policies that include the following types of coverage in addition to standard liability insurance:
- Collision coverage: Covers damages to your vehicle, including the windshield, in an accident regardless of who is found at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers damages to your vehicle from sources other than a collision, including theft, earthquakes, or vandalism.
You can see whether your current policy includes collision and comprehensive by checking your insurance card. If you don’t already have full coverage, most insurance experts recommend getting it. You can speak to your local Denver insurance agent to see how adding these coverages to your policy would affect your premiums.
Windshield Replacement Denver: Conclusion
Based on our research, the average cost of a windshield replacement in Denver ranges from $265 to $489. However, prices vary and your cost could easily fall outside of that range.
From what we saw, Auto Glass Now offers the best combination of prices and service for windshield replacement in the Denver area. However, it’s always a good idea to shop around for free quotes from auto glass services to see which providers offer the best rates for you and your vehicle. The other auto glass companies on this list are also great options to compare.
Windshield Replacement Denver: FAQ
In an effort to provide accurate and unbiased information to consumers, our expert review team collects data from dozens of providers to formulate rankings of the best auto glass companies. We developed a standardized methodology based on the aspects that are most important to car owners to ensure detailed, accurate, and objective evaluations. Companies receive a score in each of the following categories, as well as an overall weighted score out of 5.0 stars.
- Cost: Our team pulled quotes from auto glass providers and assessed available discounts to determine each company’s cost relative to market averages.
- Services: We scored providers based on the number and variety of services they offer.
- Availability: Our researchers considered how many locations a provider serves to determine how easily drivers can access their services.
- Customer Experience: We scoured hundreds of online reviews and developed proprietary metrics to put customer review scores into context, allowing us to get a more accurate picture of the customer experience.
- Industry Reputation: Our team evaluated each company’s scores from ratings organizations such as the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to gauge its standing within the auto glass industry.
*Data accurate at time of publication