I was still trying to straighten the cockpit’s front section, so I took some extra time to try and formulate a new plan for installing the pedals. This was an issue I never really solved on Mk4 – I wanted some measure of adjustability while being secure, and my solution was an elevated base incorporating a “pocket” that the pedals slide into. At the front, notches in the supports hold a crosspiece that can be inserted into different positions for front-back adjustability. As my completely professional drafting blueprint shows, I spent a good minute or two considering all aspects of this design. You’ll see how that worked out later on.