Oshkosh Defense JLTV
When it comes to protecting our troops, there’s no substitute for experience. Based on billions of real-world operational miles, only the Oshkosh® Light Combat Tactical All-Terrain Vehicle (L-ATV) delivers next-generation performance to serve the JLTV mission.
It’s the trusted solution that’s designed, built and backed by 97 years of vehicle production, integration and lifecycle know-how to keep ground operations moving. Because when real-life missions depend on the truck experts, our troops depend on Oshkosh.
The Oshkosh® TAK-4iTM intelligent independent suspension system* is the next generation of the world’s most advanced, combat-proven suspension system TAK-4. TAK-4i provides Warfighters with unprecedented maneuverability and a smoother ride to reduce fatigue after traveling the world’s toughest terrains.
• 70% faster off-road speeds than today’s gold standard TWV
• 20 inches (508 mm) of usable wheel travel for improved off-road mobility
• Adaptable suspension can be raised and lowered to meet transportability requirements using interior controls
• High-performance brake solution to provide exceptional stopping and grade holding capability
• Unprecedented levels of off-road performance
By applying advanced components and materials, and a fully-integrated systems engineering process, Oshkosh delivers the Core1080TM crew protection system. Core1080 has been proven on multiple vehicle platforms and credited for saving thousands of troops’ lives over the past decade. Core1080 crew protection isn’t just a layer of armor or a seat – it’s a comprehensive design and testing approach that has been proven to increase survivability and give troops confidence as they complete their missions outside the wire.
• Off-road mobility and power to escape high-threat situations
• Advanced hull designs that are built to optimize survivability against a full range of blast and ballistic threats
• Blast protected seats, restraints and stowage to minimize crew impact during adverse events
• An integrated system designed to absorb and deflect blast energy • Automatic fire suppression systems • Plug and play integration of situational awareness systems
Source: Oshkosh press