Ford Mustang WD-40 SEMA
This Mustang is a showcase vehicle for aftermarket products for members of the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association (SEMA). The major industry group representing these industries, SEMA, is the successor to the Speed Equipment Manufacturers Association. A co-sponsor of the project was WD-40, manufacturer of many automotive products, the most familiar of which gives the company its name.
Taking a 2011 Mustang GT, the SEMA/WD-40 team applied a litany of member components:
• Urethane body kits from Street Scene Equipment
• Forgeline wheels: 20x9 in the front and 20x10.5 in the rear
• Nitto extreme performance NT555 tires
• Paxton supercharger with intercooler
• Stillen/AP Racing brakes: six-piston front and four-piston rear
• PPG special yellow and blue paint
• L&G Enterprises custom paint work
• Katzkin custom leather interior
• MagnaFlow cat-back exhaust system with crossover pipe
• Hotchkis sway bars and Panhard rod, springs, and braces
• Polk audio amps, speakers, and subwoofers
• Stereo work by Audio Innovations
• Advance Clutch Technology double disc clutch system
• Revolution airbag steering wheel from Grant
• California Pony Car engine dress-up accessories
• GTR performance engine and dyno tuning
It was unveiled at the November 2010 SEMA show at Las Vegas, and then it went on tour to select West Coast auto-related events. Following the tour, it was sold last year to benefit Childhelp, an organization providing services to abused and neglected children, and the Victory Junction Gang Camp, which provides life-changing camping experiences for special needs and chronically ill children. The 32-valve Ford 5.4-liter engine develops a whopping 600 brake horsepower. The odometer reads just 2,533 miles. This is truly a new car. The yellow paint is absolutely stunning. The black leather cabin is comfortable, and all of the specialty equipment gives it unmatched performance and handling.
You could look long and hard, but you will never find another Mustang just like this one. It is, in short, for the person who must have one of everything.
600 bhp, 305.1 cu. in. OHV V-8 engine, six-speed manual transmission, MacPherson strut independent front suspension, live rear axle with three-link coil spring suspension, and four-wheel power hydraulic disc brakes. Wheelbase: 107.1 in.
Part of the RM Auctions event for Teddy Pieper in December, 2012.
Source: RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Teddy Pieper