Porsche 356B 1600S Cabriolet by Karosseriewerk Reutter
The American fascination with Porsches took off when importer Max Hoffman brought 15 special roadsters to the United States in 1954. In 1959, the Reutter-bodied Roadster was replaced by the sophisticated Convertible D, which boasted a taller windshield, windup windows, and a top that fit better and didn’t give the impression of peering out of a mailbox. The accompanying Cabriolet offered even more creature comforts. The 356B arrived in 1960, with 15-inch wheels, heavier and taller bumpers, and a revised slope to the hood. Headlights were moved to the top of the fenders, with amber parking lights below them, and brake vents below the bumper.
75 hp, 1,582 cc air-cooled flat four-cylinder engine, twin Solex 32 NDIX carburetors, parallel trailing arms front suspension with laminated torsion bars, rear swing axles with transverse torsion bars, and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 82.7"
Source: RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Pawel Litwinski