MG TC Supercharged Roadster
The first T-type MGs were introduced in 1936. The TA, which set the style for MG’s sports cars for the next 20 years, featured an upright chrome grille, deep-cut doors and a slab-shaped petrol tank at the rear. Lightweight two-seater bodies and modified suspensions made the cars very nimble, and a “works” racing program spread their fame during the late 1930s. In turn, the more powerful, shorter-stroke 1,250 cc XPAG engine debuted with the release of the TB in 1939. MG’s postwar return came at the 1945 London Motor Show with the new TC, which was wider, heavier and more refined than the TB, finding great success in the burgeoning American sports car market.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in August 2009 at the Shotwell Gustafson Pavilion at Meadow Brook Hall, Rochester, Michigan.
70 bhp, 1,250 cc overhead valve four-cylinder engine, Roots-type supercharger, four-speed manual gearbox, rigid front and rear axles with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and Lockheed four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 94"
Source: RM Auctions