MG SA Tourer
Charlesworth, founded in 1907 and located in Coventry, initially supplied bodies to such local manufacturers as Hillman and Singer. By 1936, the firm’s annual production reached 500 bodies, and their biggest client was Alvis. The firm also produced a small number of open tourers based on MG’s SA chassis.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in January of 2011 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona.
75 bhp, 2,288 cc, OHV six-cylinder engine, four-speed manual gearbox, solid front and live rear axles with semi-elliptic rear springs, and four-wheel Lockheed hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 123".
Source: RM Acutions
Photo Credit: Copyright Darin Schnabel