Lincoln KA Dual Cowl Phaeton
Even though Lincoln was founded by the same man responsible for Cadillac, Henry Leland, a post WWI recession put Lincoln out of business within two years. In 1922, Lincoln was bought out of receivership by none other than Henry Ford. His son, Edsel Ford, quickly took charge and commissioned the best American coachbuilders to create designs for Lincoln.
Edsel Ford, much like Henry Leland, set high standards and left his engineers and coachbuilders to realize them. One of the fruits of this approach was the introduction of the Model KB in 1932 and its sister car, introduced the following year.
In 1933, a smaller V12 of 382 cubic inches was introduced as the KA to serve as a more affordable alternative to the KB. The KA V12 used offset cylinder banks, aluminum pistons and a four main bearing crankshaft. This engine was simpler and less expensive to produce yet is considered to be the finest V12 engine ever made by Lincoln.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in March of 2010 at the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Florida.
125 hp, 382 cu. in. V12 L-head engine, Stromberg EE22 downdraft two-barrel carburetor, three speed sliding gear transmission, four wheel longitudinal leaf springs, Bendix Duo-Servo mechanical four-wheel breaks. Wheelbase: 136"
Source: RM Auctions