Bentley Mark VI Drophead Coupe
The Bentley Mark VI launched in 1946 was the first new Crewe-built vehicle. It was based on the short-lived Mark V; the major change was the new Pressed Steel body, designed by Ivan Evernden. It was the first-ever ‘complete’ Bentley. Before the Mark VI, Bentley had made only the chassis and engines.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in August of 2010 at the Portola Hotel & Spa and Monterey Conference Center, Monterey, California.
150 bhp, 4,257 cc overhead valve six-cylinder engine, four-speed manual transmission, independent front suspension with coil springs, rigid rear axle with semi-elliptical leaf springs, four-wheel drum brakes. Wheelbase: 120".
Source: Bentley press and RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Copyright Tom Maule