The XK150 was introduced at the Earls Court Show in London in October 1957. Compared to the XK 140 it was more civilized, it had a wider body, a new wraparound one-piece windshield, a larger one-piece rear bumper and a wider grille. The curvature of the line from front to rear fender was much straighter. Initially only two models were presented: the drop head coupe and the fixed head coupe.
A significant engineering advance for the XK 150 was the introduction of Dunlop disc brakes, a modified system from the C-type and D-type racing cars. Only 4,450 XK 150 Coupes were produced between 1957 and 1961, before the car was replaced by the venerable E-Type.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in August 2009 at the Portola Hotel & Spa and Monterey Conference Center, Monterey, California and in October of 2009 at the Battersea Evolution, London.
250 bhp, 3,442 cc dual overhead cam inline six-cylinder engine with two SU carburetors, four-speed manual transmission with overdrive, independent front suspension with live rear axle and semi-elliptic leaf springs, and four-wheel disc brakes. Wheelbase: 102".
Source: RM Auctions