Aston Martin DB6
Debuting in 1949, the Aston Martin DB4 benefited from a 3.7-liter twin cam alloy six-cylinder engine designed by Tadek Marek. Versions of this torquey and versatile unit in various displacements powered the DB4, DB5 and DB6 Aston Martins for 13 years, overlapping with the next-generation DBs. Of these models the DB6 is arguably the ultimate development of the David Brown “gentleman’s express” concept of a GT motor car. The DB6 continued the attractive DB5 covered headlamp frontend, while the back ended in an aero-efficient “Kamm tail”. The chassis was extended 3 ¾ inches in order to accommodate a pair of usable rear seats upholstered in the finest Connolly leather and the body panels were, as always, of hand-formed aluminum.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in March of 2009 at the The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Florida, in January of 2010 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona, in August of 2010 at the Portola Hotel & Spa and Monterey Conference Center, Monterey, California, in June of 2011 at the Syon House, London and in August of 2011 at the Portola Hotel & Spa and Monterey Conference Center, Monterey, California.
282bhp, 3,994 cc dual overhead cam inline six-cylinder engine, five-speed manual gearbox, four-wheel independent suspension, four-wheel disc brakes. Wheelbase: 102".
Source: RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Copyright Darin Schnabel and Tom Wood