Hudson Convertible Coupe
Few realize that the Hudson marque was named after department store magnate Joseph L. Hudson, one of the eight founders of the Hudson Motor Car Company. While Hudson’s reputation was built on its Six and Super Six models of the 1920s, it moved further up-market with the Eight of 1930.
The Eight was remarkably efficient and powerful, quickly enjoying high demand among various law enforcement agencies and proving quite capable of catching Prohibition-era “bootleggers.” In fact, Hudson’s Eight remained far more powerful than Henry Ford’s V8 throughout the 1930s, and overall, Hudson’s automobiles represented a strong value.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in July of 2010 at the Shotwell Gustafson Pavilion at Meadow Brook Hall, Rochester, Michigan.
108 bhp, 254.47 cu. in. “Powerdome” L-head inline eight-cylinder engine, single-barrel carburetor, three-speed manual transmission, solid front axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, semi-floating rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and four-wheel mechanical drum brakes. Wheelbase: 116"
Source: RM Auctions