Ford Ranch Station Wagon
After World War II, Ford concentrated on building only one model of station wagon, initially with four doors. The redesigned 1949 models adopted a two-door design, but still in only one series. However, the next generation, introduced in February 1952, offered not one station wagon but four: a two-door Ranch Wagon, a four-door Country Sedan, available with seating for either six or eight, and at the top of the catalog the wood-accented Country Squire. The Ranch Wagon, most utilitarian and least flashy of the four, sold best. This array of station wagons continued, with some additional trim variations, through 1961.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in August 2009 at the Portola Hotel & Spa and Monterey Conference Center, Monterey, California.
144 bhp, 223 cu. in. ohv inline six-cylinder engine, three-speed manual transmission with overdrive, coil spring independent front suspension, live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 116".
Source: RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Copyright Darin Schnabel