The final development of the successful XK range, the XK150 debuted in 1957 and was updated with a one-piece curved windshield and a higher beltline, among other revisions. The XK150 was available in either standard or Special Equipment tune, and by late 1959, the 3.4- and 3.8-litre engines could be ordered either with twin SU HD8 carburetors or as triple-carbureted “S” versions. As performance increased, with top speeds approaching 140 mph, so too did the demands for more effective braking, and accordingly, the XK150 became the first series-production car to feature power-assisted four-wheel disc brakes. The XK150 was truly a glorious swan song for the series, and today it remains as capable, attractive and desirable as ever.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in June of 2011 at the Syon House, London.
265 bhp, 3,781 cc DOHC inline six-cylinder engine with triple SU carburettors, four-speed manual gearbox with Laycock de Normanville overdrive, independent front suspension with wishbones, coil springs, torsion bars and anti-roll bar, rigid rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes. Wheelbase: 102".
Source: RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Copyright Tom Wood