Lincoln KB 5-Passenger Convertible Coupe
Hermann A. Brunn’s coachworks, established in 1908, received its first corporate customer in the Leland-owned Lincoln company. Brunn, who was already well versed in Fords, was ideally situated to continue with Lincoln upon Ford’s takeover. This particular car retains the original body tag under the passenger’s seat indicating body 4 – 6. “Four” is the body builder number assigned to Brunn by Lincoln, and “6” is the sixth body of fifteen in this style built by Brunn in 1933.
Lincoln’s 1933 catalog contained 26 body styles for the large 12-cylinder KB model, 17 from custom coachbuilders, however, only 533 cars were delivered due to economic conditions. Among them was this model 260 described in the 1933 sales catalog as a five-passenger convertible coupe but more commonly known in American automobile circles as the “convertible victoria.” There were only 15 of these cars produced, and this car is one of the three known to still exist according to the Lincoln roster keepers.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in July of 2011 at The Inn at St. John's, Plymouth, Michigan.
150 bhp, 447.9 cu. in. seven main bearing fork and blade V-12 engine, three-speed transmission, solid front axle and live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs and four-wheel vacuum servo assisted mechanical drum brakes. Wheelbase: 145"
Source: RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Copyright Darin Schnabel