Jaguar XK140 Roadster
The Jaguar XK140 was introduced in 1954 with a number of improvements. The Fixed Head Coupe and Drophead Coupe both had occasional jump seats, thanks to the engine being moved forward three inches. The cowl was raised two inches, as was the steering wheel, which increased comfort and headroom inside. Outside, the XK140 received heavier bumpers, connected to the chassis this time; a bolder cast aluminum grille with fewer bars, which improved cooling; and optional twin fog-lights. Mechanically, the XK140 replaced the Burman steering with a more-accurate rack-and-pinion system, and roll bars were increased in diameter for firmer cornering.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in January of 2011 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona.
190 bhp, 3,442 cc DOHC six-cylinder engine, two SU carburetors, four-speed manual gearbox, independent front suspension with coil springs, double wishbones and anti-roll bar, rigid rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 102"
Source: RM Auctions