Morgan Plus 4
Introduced in October 1950, Morgan’s Plus Four was built through 1968. The handsome and upscale Drophead Coupe effectively broadened Morgan’s appeal and competed effectively against such marques as Alvis, Jaguar and Riley, while supplying its owners with elegant and comfortable cruising at 80-plus mph and peerless road manners.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in March of 2011 at the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, Florida.
104 bhp, 2,138 cc Triumph TR4 OHV inline four-cylinder engine, dual SU carburetors, Moss four-speed manual gearbox, sliding pillar front suspension with coil springs, live rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs, and Girling four-wheel hydraulic drum brakes. Wheelbase: 96"
Source: RM Auctions