Alvis TE 21 Series III Drophead Coupe
The TE21 with elegant bodywork originally designed by Hermann Graber debuted at the Paris Auto Salon in 1955 to rave reviews. Alvis’ well-heeled clients included H.R.H. Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh. Coachwork was produced under license by Park Ward of London starting in 1958. Production continued through July 1965 when the Alvis was taken over by Rover. Just 353 of the Series III models were built beginning in 1963 until the close of production.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in January of 2012 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona.
130 hp 2,993 cc in-line six-cylinder, ZF five-speed manual transmission, independent coil spring front suspension, beam axle with semi-elliptic rear spring suspension, four-wheel disc brakes. Wheelbase: 2,832 mm (111.5")
Source: RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Copyright Alan Pomatto