Aston Martin DB2/4 Saloon
The DB2 was Aston Martin’s first all-new model created under the company’s ownership by David Brown. Powered by the W.O. Bentley-designed Lagonda twin-cam 2.6-litre six, it caused a sensation on the international salon and competitive circuits, taking the top three places in the 1951 24 Hours of Le Mans. In 1953 this 'gentleman's sports car' grew into a saloon with seating for four and was aptly rechristened the DB2/4. Fastback bodywork was designed as the standard configuration creating, in essence, ‘the world’s first hatchback.’ In mid-1954 a new 2.9-litre block was introduced that boosted horsepower from 125 to 140 and gave a top speed of 120 miles per hour.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in October of 2011 at the Battersea Evolution, London.
140 bhp, 2,922 cc DOHC straight-six, four-speed manual gearbox, independent front suspension with trailing links, coil springs, torsion bar and hydraulic lever-arm shock absorbers with rear live axle located by parallel radius arms and Panhard rod with coil springs and hydraulic lever-arm shock absorbers, hydraulic front disc, rear drum brakes. Wheelbase: 2,515 mm.
Source: RM Auctions