Jaguar XK150 Roadster
First introduced in the fall of 1957, Jaguar’s XK150 represented the final and most refined evolution of the brilliant, original XK120 concept. Mechanical refinements included the addition of servo-assisted four-wheel disc brakes, a first for Jaguar, which provided stopping power in keeping with the model’s considerable performance.
Additional refinements included a larger radiator opening for better cooling (a shortcoming of the earlier XK120 and 140), a revised cylinder head and somewhat larger interior accommodations. The XK150 was originally introduced in two body styles, fixed head and drophead coupes (the roadster was not added until almost a year after production began). However, all body styles combined spirited performance with luxurious appointments such as leather trim in a package that is as appealing today as when it was new, over 50 years ago.
This car was auctioned off by RM Auctions in January of 2011 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona and in January of 2012 at the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa, Phoenix, Arizona.
220 bhp, 3,781 cc dual overhead camshafts inline six-cylinder, dual S.U. carburetors, four-speed manual gearbox with overdrive, four-wheel independent suspension and four-wheel disc brakes. Wheelbase: 102"
Source: RM Auctions
Photo Credit: Copyright Bekah Mercer