Holden Special Vehicles announced today production volume and pricing of the W427 Commondore sedan which originally appeared at the Melbourne Motor Show this past February. With only 427 units to be produced, each of Holden's 64 dealers in Australian and New Zealand will be allocated one unit assuming they have an order. The remaining units will then be allocated to dealers based on 2007 sales figures. HSV’s owner and founder Tom Walkinshaw confirmed the price of the W427 will be $150,000 AUD as well as final power output of 375kW (502hp) and 640NM (472 ft/lbs) of torque coming from the 7.0-liter LS7 V8 from the Z06 Corvette. The Holden Special Vehicles W427 goes on sale in August.
Key features of the W427 as at June 20, 2008
- $150,000 AUD
Volume and Distribution
- HSV will build, to order, up to 427 W427s.
- Each Australian and New Zealand dealer (around 64 in total) will be entitled to one HSV W427 in the first production batch, provided they have a firm retail order.
- Further 2008 allocations will be prioritised to dealerships according to 2007 sales figures.
- All new Front Fascia exclusive to W427
- All new 3 piece rear spoiler in carbon fibre
- All new 20 inch wheel
- HSV E series performance seats in full red hot trim with W427 logo
- HSV steering wheel, gear shifter and console lid in full red hot leather trim
- HSV specific trim panels
- 7.0 Litre, LS7 Engine with HSV specific calibration
- 375kW @ 6500 rpm
- 640Nm @ 5000 rpm
- Over radiator style cold air induction system – with high flow air filter.
- Dry sump lubrication system with 2 stage pump.
- Hand fabricated aluminium oil reservoir, with baffles for high G loading.
- Front mount, 13 row engine oil cooler
- Ceramic coated, high flow 4 into 1 extractors
- High flow catalytic converters and exhaust system (3” into 2 3⁄4”)
- Active bi-modal rear mufflers
- Exhaust back pressure management
- Improved noise quality
- High strength limited slip differential
- New high strength 6 speed manual gear box (TR6060)
- GMPT LS7 Clutch with new actuator and pedal assembly for high clamp loads
- New springs, 30% stiffer than GTS
- Revised ride height – 20mm lower than GTS