Sold Ride: 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
On Saturday, May 19th at 5:35pm this outstanding 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 will be auctioned off by Mecum Auctions. What Mecum Auctions said about it: Shelby took advantage of the Mustang’s first redesign with the 1967 GT500, which took advantage of the new car’s big block capability. Finished in classic Wimbledon White and Guardsman Blue, the example offered here has been a part of the SAAC family since the late 70s, when it took parade laps at SAAC 3 at Indianapolis in 1977.
It retains its original 428/355 HP Police Interceptor engine which, along with its C6 automatic transmission, was rebuilt in 2006 and returned to its correctly detailed engine compartment. The undercarriage has also been refinished in correct Red Oxide primer. This classic 1967 GT500 comes with a detailed history including copies of all titles, a statement of origin from JD Ball Ford in Miami, FL, a Marti Report and a Ford 999 report issued in 2006.
- Original 428 CI Police Interceptor big block engine
- C6 automatic transmission
- Glove box door signed by Carroll Shelby
- The engine and transmission were professionally rebuilt in 2006
- Undercarriage was repainted with the correct red primer
- Engine compartment correctly detailed
- Still has many original parts
- Magstar wheels with correct Kelsey-Hayes small letter Goodyear Speedway 350's
- Detailed history book includes: copy of every title of previous owner's, statement of origin from JD Ball Ford in Miami, FL, Marti Report, Ford 999 report issued in 2006
- SAAC family since the late 1970's
- Did parade laps at Indianapolis Motor Speedway at SAAC 3
See more 1967 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 here