Avoiding the dealership is another luxurious perk for Lincoln customers.
The luxury-car ownership experience isn’t limited to the car itself, as Lincoln intends to demonstrate for all customers going forward. Starting with the 2017 Continental, Lincoln customers will almost never have to visit the dealership again, as dealers will pick up a customer’s car for service, free of charge.
When customers need service, Lincoln dealers will pick up the customer’s car from their home or workplace, and leave a loaner car in place. After the service has been completed, the car is returned to the location of the customer’s choosing. The idea is to provide just one more perk that shoppers can’t find with other brands.
“Lincoln Pickup and Delivery service revolves around complementing our luxury vehicles with outstanding luxury experiences,” Lincoln North America director of sales and marketing Andrew Frick said in a statement. “Our dealers view this as a way to differentiate the client experience for Lincoln owners.”
Lincoln already has the data to provide this service will help retain customers. Since May 2015, certain Lincoln dealers have been offering the pickup and delivery program on a trial basis. Of owners who received the service, 98 percent said they’d recommend Lincoln to a friend, and 93 percent said they are “likely” to purchase another Lincoln.
While the pickup service in itself is not a new idea – it was a key selling point of the Hyundai Equus, for example – Lincoln’s decision to make it standard on all cars from the 2017 model year onward is a bold move to help the brand stand apart from other luxury marques.
Gallery: 2017 Lincoln Continental ready for production with 400-hp biturbo V6 [LIVE PICS]
Lincoln adds the luxury segment’s only standard Pickup and Delivery Service across all 2017 nameplates starting with the all-new Lincoln Continental. The exclusive standard service builds on the brand’s commitment to providing a human, warm and personal experience at all Lincoln dealerships.
Lincoln Service Valet will pick up a client’s vehicle at an agreed location and, provide a complimentary Lincoln loaner vehicle, and then take the client’s vehicle to the dealership for service. Once complete, clients can arrange for their washed and serviced vehicle to be returned to them at the location of their choice.
“Lincoln Pickup and Delivery service revolves around complementing our luxury vehicles with outstanding luxury experiences,” says Andrew Frick, Lincoln North American director of sales and services. “This kind of Quiet Luxury provides an exclusive and personally crafted service experience that enhances their lifestyle and saves them what is a true luxury item – their time.”
Lincoln has been piloting this program with a select group of dealers since May 2015 with overwhelming results:
- 98 percent of clients indicate they would be more likely to receive service from that Lincoln dealer in the future
- 98 percent would recommend Lincoln and the service to a friend
- 93 percent are likely to purchase another Lincoln vehicle
“Our dealers view this as a way to differentiate the client experience for Lincoln owners,” says Frick. “No matter what Lincoln vehicle clients have from our portfolio, they have the peace of mind of getting that vehicle to and from service at a location of their choice, with a complimentary Lincoln loaner in order to maintain their busy schedules.
“When nearly 100 percent of clients receiving this service say they would recommend Lincoln to a friend, it clearly indicates positive momentum for the brand and our dealers,” adds Frick.
This exclusive Pickup and Delivery marks another milestone in Lincoln Motor Company commitment to merge great products, an outstanding experience and impeccable service – part of its original 2012 business plan. Since Lincoln began this journey, it has delivered four all-new products in four years, established a dealer network in China, built brand awareness, and increased volume for the brand and Lincoln products.
As part of Lincoln’s ongoing client experience efforts, these successful programs have already been implemented:
- Lincoln Concierge: A trusted personal advisor – like the most attuned hotel concierge – assists clients 24/7 online at www.lincoln.com. While other luxury brands offer similar services, only Lincoln provides clients with an opportunity for video chat with a live person.
- Black Label: Started in 2015, the number of participating dealers has increased to more than 90 committed locations. Black Label provides personalized shopping with dedicated personnel in the showroom, online, or in locations convenient to clients. Specially trained Black Label experience liaisons meet prospective clients at their home, office, or anywhere within 30 miles of the showroom to begin the experience. Acting as a personal shopping assistant, the liaison helps clients identify their ideal vehicle by sharing paint and wood trim samples, as well as material swatches. Lincoln Black Label owners enjoy special privileges – ranging from extended premium service and maintenance coverage on wear items to Culinary Collection membership that provides access to a curated list of restaurants from coast to coast.
- Date Night: This extended test drive allows qualified buyers the chance to experience a Lincoln vehicle for up to 48 hours. In 2015, Date Night resulted in more than 11,000 sessions at select dealers, prompting nearly an 11 percent increase in Lincoln purchases. The program attracted nearly 70 percent of clients who had been with other luxury nameplates.
- Lincoln Institute: Training for key client-facing individuals is provided through Lincoln Institute. The program, which combines all of the brand’s training efforts under one umbrella, has been expanded to include all Lincoln dealers. Lincoln Institute includes not only hospitality training, but an all-new series of workshops that provide participants with tools to help local teams develop and execute processes consistently for luxury clients.
Pickup and Delivery is an important milestone in Lincoln’s commitment to providing personal client services to match its unique luxury products, coming at the perfect time as Lincoln prepares to launch the much-anticipated 2017 Lincoln Continental.
The all-new Lincoln Continental returns as the brand flagship this fall, offering first-class travel for clients in America and China through warm, human touches and a contemporary design. The full-size sedan is designed to appeal to culturally progressive clients who define luxury on their own terms – craving superior quality, craftsmanship and safety.
“Quiet Luxury is Lincoln’s unique approach to ensure impeccable service is consistent with our outstanding products for the ultimate client experience,” says Frick.