Ford's new ST Line for the Fiesta supermini and Focus compact hatchback is all show without the extra go.
If the regular versions don’t look sporty enough and you’re not willing to pay the significant premium that comes with the ST versions, Ford has something to bridge the gap between the two. It’s called the ST Line and adds a series of visual upgrades, starting with the front fascia which gains a honeycomb design for the trapezoidal grille, dark fog lamp surrounds, and a bumper lip spoiler if you go for the Fiesta or a bumper insert for the Focus.
Both cars ride on bespoke 17-inch metallic grey wheels and adopt a black beltline together with ST Line badging and a roof-mounted spoiler. To spice things up even further, both the Fiesta and Focus have received a rear diffuser element.
Stepping inside the cabin, there are sport seats with red stitching, perforated-leather wrapped steering wheel with grey stitching, along with ST-style gear knob, scuff plates, and a dark woven headliner.
Available for the three- and five-door Fiesta, the ST Line can be had with the turbocharged 1.0-liter three-cylinder EcoBoost engine in 100-, 125-, and 140-hp versions with a five-speed manual gearbox. Ford U.K. is also selling the supermini with a 95-hp 1.5-liter TDCI hooked up to a five-speed manual transmission.
As for the Focus ST Line, you can get it with the 125-hp version of the 1.0-liter engine or with the larger 1.5-liter EcoBoost that comes in 150 hp and 182 hp flavors. There’s also the aforementioned turbodiesel 1.5-liter, but in this case you get the 120-hp configuration or you can upgrade to the 150-hp 2.0-liter TDCI. Depending on engine choice, Ford is selling the Focus ST Line with six-speed manual and automatic transmissions.
Besides the Fiesta and Focus, the Blue Oval company mentions two additional models will receive the ST Line treatment before the year’s end. Two possible candidates include the Mondeo and the recently facelifted Kuga.
Gallery: Ford Fiesta ST Line, Focus ST Line
FORD LAUNCHES SPORTY NEW ST-LINE: FIESTA ST-LINE AND FOCUS ST-LINE NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER
- Ford launches new ST-Line range of models inspired by Ford Performance vehicles and featuring bold styling, sporty driving dynamics and great value
- Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line are available to order now with sport suspension, unique body kits and alloy wheel designs; sport seats, steering wheel and interior details
- Powerful engine options include multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost with up to 140PS for Fiesta ST-Line; 1.5-litre EcoBoost with up to 182PS for Focus ST-Line
- Further two ST-Line models to follow before the end of the year
COLOGNE, Germany, June 2, 2016 – Ford today announced a new ST-Line model range for Europe, featuring vehicles with sporty styling inspired by Ford Performance and offering a range of powerful and efficient EcoBoost petrol and TDCi diesel powertrains.
ST-Line launches with the Fiesta ST-Line – priced from £15,645 – and Focus ST‑Line – priced from £20,595 – both available to order now.
Delivering bold exterior and interior designs inspired by Ford’s acclaimed Fiesta ST and Focus ST performance models, the new Focus ST-Line and Fiesta ST‑Line are designed for customers who aspire to the sporty image of Ford’s ST models – but do not require the full performance delivered by optimised ST engines and chassis with sports technologies.
Both Focus ST-Line and Fiesta ST‑Line are offered with a range of powerful engines including Ford’s multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine; sport suspension and body styling; unique alloy wheel designs; and sport seats, sport steering wheel and alloy pedals for the interior.
“With our new ST-Line range even more customers can experience sporty style and driving dynamics inspired by our most exciting Ford Performance line-up ever, that includes models such as the Focus RS, new Fiesta ST200 and Ford GT supercar” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. “This year we expect to sell 40,000 performance cars in Europe, a 50 per cent increase compared with 2015, which in turn saw performance car sales rise by 61 per cent compared with 2014.”
Available in 3-door and 5-door bodystyles, the Fiesta ST-Line is a sporty new addition to the UK’s best-selling car. The 5-door and estate Focus ST-Line models further enhance the appeal of the popular family car.
Ford ST-Line models deliver ST-inspired styling that includes:
- A honeycomb design for the trapezoidal front grille; fog lamps with dark surrounds; and a front bumper lip spoiler for Fiesta ST Line and bumper insert for Focus ST-Line
- A rear diffuser element and large rear roof spoiler for both models
- A black beltline beneath the windows, deep side-skirts and ST-Line exterior badging on the front wings
- Unique 17in alloy wheels for Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line, both in Rock Metallic Grey
- Sport seats with red stitching and a perforated leather ST-style steering wheel with grey stitching
- ST-style gear knob, a dark woven headliner, and ST-Line scuff plates
Powerful and efficient engines
The new Ford ST-Line models are available only with high-power engine derivatives that complement the enhanced driving dynamics delivered by sport suspension – lowered by 10mm.
The Fiesta ST-Line is offered with petrol engine options including:
- 100PS and 125PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost engines with five-speed manual transmission delivering 99g/km CO2emissions and 65.7mpg fuel efficiency**
- 140PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost with five‑speed manual transmission delivering 104g/km CO2 and 62.8mpg
Also offered for Fiesta ST-Line is Ford’s 95PS 1.5-litre TDCi diesel with five-speed manual transmission, offering 94g/km CO2 and 78.5mpg.
The Focus ST-Line is offered with petrol powertrains ranging from 125PS to 182PS and with six-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmissions, including:
- 125PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost delivering from 108g/km CO2 and 60.1mpg
- 150PS and 182PS 1.5-litre EcoBoost delivering from 127g/km CO2 and 51.4mpg
Ford’s 1.5-litre TDCi diesel produces 120PS delivering 99g/km CO2 and 74.3mpg; or 2.0-litre TDCi with 150PS delivering from 105g/km CO2 and 70.6mpg are available on the Focus ST-Line with six-speed manual and six-speed PowerShift automatic transmissions.
Focus ST-Line will also feature steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters when an automatic transmission is specified.
“The new Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line will offer customers a chance to enjoy the famous fun-to-drive characteristics and great looks of Ford’s performance models in an exciting and affordable package with a broad range of petrol and diesel engines – and we will be introducing two further models later in the year,” de Waard said.