FORD LAUNCHES SPORTY NEW ST-LINE: FIESTA ST-LINE AND FOCUS ST-LINE NOW AVAILABLE TO ORDER
- Ford launches new ST-Line range of models inspired by Ford Performance vehicles and featuring bold styling, sporty driving dynamics and great value
- Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line are available to order now with sport suspension, unique body kits and alloy wheel designs; sport seats, steering wheel and interior details
- Powerful engine options include multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost with up to 140PS for Fiesta ST-Line; 1.5-litre EcoBoost with up to 182PS for Focus ST-Line
- Further two ST-Line models to follow before the end of the year
COLOGNE, Germany, June 2, 2016 – Ford today announced a new ST-Line model range for Europe, featuring vehicles with sporty styling inspired by Ford Performance and offering a range of powerful and efficient EcoBoost petrol and TDCi diesel powertrains.
ST-Line launches with the Fiesta ST-Line – priced from £15,645 – and Focus ST‑Line – priced from £20,595 – both available to order now.
Delivering bold exterior and interior designs inspired by Ford’s acclaimed Fiesta ST and Focus ST performance models, the new Focus ST-Line and Fiesta ST‑Line are designed for customers who aspire to the sporty image of Ford’s ST models – but do not require the full performance delivered by optimised ST engines and chassis with sports technologies.
Both Focus ST-Line and Fiesta ST‑Line are offered with a range of powerful engines including Ford’s multi-award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine; sport suspension and body styling; unique alloy wheel designs; and sport seats, sport steering wheel and alloy pedals for the interior.
“With our new ST-Line range even more customers can experience sporty style and driving dynamics inspired by our most exciting Ford Performance line-up ever, that includes models such as the Focus RS, new Fiesta ST200 and Ford GT supercar” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. “This year we expect to sell 40,000 performance cars in Europe, a 50 per cent increase compared with 2015, which in turn saw performance car sales rise by 61 per cent compared with 2014.”
Available in 3-door and 5-door bodystyles, the Fiesta ST-Line is a sporty new addition to the UK’s best-selling car. The 5-door and estate Focus ST-Line models further enhance the appeal of the popular family car.
Ford ST-Line models deliver ST-inspired styling that includes:
- A honeycomb design for the trapezoidal front grille; fog lamps with dark surrounds; and a front bumper lip spoiler for Fiesta ST Line and bumper insert for Focus ST-Line
- A rear diffuser element and large rear roof spoiler for both models
- A black beltline beneath the windows, deep side-skirts and ST-Line exterior badging on the front wings
- Unique 17in alloy wheels for Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line, both in Rock Metallic Grey
- Sport seats with red stitching and a perforated leather ST-style steering wheel with grey stitching
- ST-style gear knob, a dark woven headliner, and ST-Line scuff plates
Powerful and efficient engines
The new Ford ST-Line models are available only with high-power engine derivatives that complement the enhanced driving dynamics delivered by sport suspension – lowered by 10mm.
The Fiesta ST-Line is offered with petrol engine options including:
- 100PS and 125PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost engines with five-speed manual transmission delivering 99g/km CO2emissions and 65.7mpg fuel efficiency**
- 140PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost with five‑speed manual transmission delivering 104g/km CO2 and 62.8mpg
Also offered for Fiesta ST-Line is Ford’s 95PS 1.5-litre TDCi diesel with five-speed manual transmission, offering 94g/km CO2 and 78.5mpg.
The Focus ST-Line is offered with petrol powertrains ranging from 125PS to 182PS and with six-speed manual and six-speed automatic transmissions, including:
- 125PS 1.0-litre EcoBoost delivering from 108g/km CO2 and 60.1mpg
- 150PS and 182PS 1.5-litre EcoBoost delivering from 127g/km CO2 and 51.4mpg
Ford’s 1.5-litre TDCi diesel produces 120PS delivering 99g/km CO2 and 74.3mpg; or 2.0-litre TDCi with 150PS delivering from 105g/km CO2 and 70.6mpg are available on the Focus ST-Line with six-speed manual and six-speed PowerShift automatic transmissions.
Focus ST-Line will also feature steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters when an automatic transmission is specified.
“The new Fiesta ST-Line and Focus ST-Line will offer customers a chance to enjoy the famous fun-to-drive characteristics and great looks of Ford’s performance models in an exciting and affordable package with a broad range of petrol and diesel engines – and we will be introducing two further models later in the year,” de Waard said.