SEAT U.K. has released pricing details for the Ateca First Edition for which the order books will open on June 1st.
VW’s Spanish branch SEAT is fashionably late to the SUV party, but at least the Ateca is finally here to spice up the segment. The First Edition will be limited to just 200 units in U.K. and you’ll be able to get one for a starting price of £21,995 with the turbocharged, three-cylinder 115-hp 1.0 TSI gasoline engine. If you would rather have a diesel, the other engine on offer is a 115-hp 1.6 TDI which will increase the starting price to £24,305.
Buyers will be given the opportunity to pick from only three exterior paint schemes: Samoa Orange, Rodium Grey, and Nevada White as seen in the attached image. Prospect customers should know the First Edition will slot between the SE trim and the flagship XCELLENCE, offering more than £3,500 worth of kit over the SE and enabling customer savings in excess of £1,100.
The First Edition of SEAT’s first foray into the SUV segment comes generously equipped with bi-color 18-inch alloy wheels, an electric tailgate (with “virtual pedal”), rear parking sensors plus rearview camera, and dark tinted rear windows. In addition, the Ateca FE gets black window surrounds and roof rails, keyless entry, and a sat-nav system with an eight-inch touchscreen display.
Pre-orders for the entire Ateca range (including the First Edition) will kick off on Wednesday, prior to hitting U.K. dealerships on September 9th. The cheapest version money can buy is the entry-level Ateca S that starts at £17,990, followed by the SE trim at £19,590, and the XCELLENCE at £23,905.
Source: SEAT U.K.
SEAT UK CONFIRMS PRICING AND SPECIFICATION FOR ATECA ‘FIRST EDITION’
- Following successful online crowd sourcing data competition, with close to 13,000 entries, SEAT UK has confirmed pricing and specification for new Ateca First Edition
- Exclusivity guaranteed with only 200 Ateca First Edition models destined for UK
- Online “lifestyle configurator” highlighted most popular Brit specification choices as 18-inch bi-colour alloy wheels, satellite-navigation system with eight-inch touchscreen, Keyless Enter & Go (KESSY), electric tailgate with virtual pedal for opening and closing, rear parking sensors with rear-view camera, dark-tinted rear windows, black roof rails and window surrounds
- First Edition competitively priced at £21,995 (1.0 TSI) and £24,305 (1.6 TDI), with over £3,500 more equipment than SE upon which it is based, offers customer saving of £1,100
- Ateca First Edition available with two engines: 1.0 TSI 115PS and 1.6 TDI 115 PS
- Pre-orders for Ateca range, including new First Edition, being taken from 1st June 2016, ahead of UK showroom launch on 9th September
Following the huge success of its latest UK marketing initiative to tap into the British psyche and discover the perfect recipe for a compact SUV, SEAT is now able to confirm pricing and specification for its new Ateca First Edition.
Created purely as a one-off launch trim level, exclusivity for the extremely well-specified and striking First Edition is assured, with just 200 examples destined for UK retail buyers.
SEAT has taken its time with its first-ever SUV, to create what it believes is the best car of its ilk to live with everyday. So, in an effort to match Ateca to the needs of British buyers as closely as possible, it ran an online ‘lifestyle configurator’ on its website, to seek crowd-sourced information upon which to base an ideal specification.
Smashing its internal forecasts and no doubt testament to the growing buzz surrounding Ateca, over the course of six weeks close to 13,000 Brits took part in the competition, which included a top prize of an all-expenses paid family trip to Barcelona, SEAT’s home city.
Responding to a series of seven questions about their lifestyles and character, with 192 possible outcomes, the online system then generated an Ateca version to suit their specific needs. The most popular proved to be ‘Horizon Chaser’. Translating it into a UK production car has led to the following items of standard equipment being included: 18-inch bi-colour alloy wheels, satellite-navigation system with an eight-inch touchscreen, Keyless entry (KESSY), electric tailgate with virtual pedal, rear parking sensors with rear view camera, dark-tinted rear windows, black roof rails and window surrounds.
Slotting into the Ateca range above SE and below the flagship XCELLENCE, the high-spec new First Edition offers more than £3,500 of additional equipment over the former, saving customers over £1,100.
The First Edition is available in two engines,1.0 TSI 115PS and 1.6 TDI 115 PS, and is competitively priced at £21,995 and £24,305 respectively. It comes in a choice of three colours, Nevada White, Rodium Grey and Samoa Orange.
Priced from £17,990, the eagerly-awaited Ateca range will be available to pre-order from 1st June 2016, ahead of official showroom launch on 9th September.