Citroen is giving the C4 Picasso and C4 Grand Picasso a minor nip and tuck along with extra technology to keep up with the times.
Launched about three years ago, the C4 MPV duo is ready for its first revision which brings a slightly modified front fascia applied on both models. At the back, there's now “3D effect” taillight design for all trim levels. In addition, Citroen has designed fresh 17-inch alloys and three body paints for further customization. To spice things up, buyers will be able to order the C4 Picasso with a two-tone roof, while the larger C4 Grand Picasso has received a new Silver roof arch hue.
Stepping inside the cabin, the Picassos make use of the latest-generation 3D CITROËN Connect Nav connected navigation system which boasts a seven-inch touchscreen. It’s more responsive than the previous setup and brings extra connected services to keep you online while on-the-go. A neat feature is the implementation of Hands-Free Tailgate, so you’ll be able to open the trunk by a simple movement of the foot which will come in handy when carrying bags of groceries.
To make the cars safer, Citroen will offer the two Picasso models with adaptive cruise control (with stop function), speed limit sign recognition and recommendation, along with lane departure warning. The 2016 C4 Picasso and C4 Grand Picasso can also be equipped with an active blind spot monitoring system, active safety brake, as well as driver attention alert.
Underneath the hood, customers will be able to pick the newly added PureTech 130 S&S EAT6 which refers to a turbocharged, 130-hp 1.2-liter gasoline engine linked to a six-speed automatic transmission.
Citroen will have the two refreshed MPVs on sale across Europe starting summer.
Hit the press release button after the pics to find out all details.
2016 Citroen C4 Picasso facelift
NEW CITROËN C4 PICASSO AND GRAND C4 PICASSO: DESIGN AND COMFORT – A NEW INVITATION TO TRAVEL
The second-generation Citroën C4 Picasso launched in 2013 has proved immensely successful, appealing to over 300,000 customers with their remarkable design and comfort. The New C4 Picasso is entering a new era in summer 2016, boasting even more dynamism and distinction, with a new front end, a two-tone roof and more customisation possibilities, including a choice of four distinct interior design schemes. And to ensure that travelling in the New C4 Picasso is always a unique experience, it features new intuitive and useful technologies such as the Hands-Free Tailgate, a new connectivity offering with CITROËN Connect Nav and a new engine, the PureTech 130 S&S EAT6. The New Citroën C4 Picasso brings motorists a global experience of well-being of body and mind just like the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme.
Designed with the finest of the Citroën know-how and creativity, the New C4 Picasso is a modern and innovative MPV. It stands apart through its strong and expressive styling with dynamic lines and a unique light signature front and rear. The design is underscored by original proportions combining a compact exterior with class-leading interior spaciousness and boot volume. The cabin is designed in a loft spirit and offers a pure and light-filled ambience along with materials that enhance the perception of quality and well-being. That feeling is further underpinned by the well-balanced road performance of the C4 Picasso, which, thanks to the development of the EMP2 platform, achieves a perfect blend of irreproachable road holding and classic Citroën comfort for all passengers.
The Citroën C4 Picasso was available on launch with technologies for well-being including a 100% tactile driving interface and a 12-inch HD panoramic screen, together with further innovations for a relaxed and easy drive such as Vision 360, Park Assist and adaptive cruise control. The New Citroën C4 Picasso builds on those strong points and strikes an ideal balance in the world of MPVs with :
- ATTRACTIVE STYLING, comprising flowing and modern lines for even more personality and dynamism, with a new front end shared by both versions, new “3D effect” standard rear lightsfrom entry-level trim models up, new 17-inch alloy wheels, a two-tone roof available on the C4 Picasso, a new “Silver” roof arch colour on Grand C4 Picasso, together with three new body colours ;
- WELL-BEING FOR ALL, through spaciousness, modular design and superior on-road performance, further strengthened by:
- a choice of four customisable interior design schemes for creating a cabin in one’s own image and adapted to the lifestyle of each one ;
- technologies that make life easier, with the new 3D CITROËN Connect Nav connected navigation system combined with a new 7-inch touchscreen, providing greater responsiveness and new connected services. The new system also optimises the use of the 12-inch HD screen for more flexibility and clarity. Another new technology for simplified everyday use is the Hands-Free Tailgate, whereby drivers open the boot with a simple movement of the foot ;
- technologies to simplify driving and improve safety, such as Speed Limit Sign Recognition and Recommendation, Adaptive Cruise Control with a Stop Function, the Lane Departure Warning System, the Active Safety Brake, Driver Attention Alert, and the Active Blind Spot Monitoring System ;
- a new engine, with the introduction of the PureTech 130 S&S EAT6, extending the broad range of Euro6 PureTech and BlueHDi engines with their impressive blend of performance and low fuel consumption.
“For us, the New Citroën C4 Picasso is a showcase of our finest know-how. In addition to its unique, modern and dynamic styling, it offers an incomparable level of comfort. With its architecture and the EMP2 platform, it brings motorists spaciousness, modularity and on-road qualities that enhance the well-being of all passengers. Today we are equipping it with a set of new useful technologies that simplify everyday life and improve safety. The New C4 Picasso has everything it takes to be a leader in the European market,” says Linda Jackson, CEO of Citroën.