Famous American comedian, actor, writer, and producer Jerry Seinfeld will auction 18 Porsches and Volkswagens from his personal collection.
Seinfeld is known for his endless passion for all Porsche things and word on the street says he currently owns around 50 models from the German automaker. Things will change though, as Gooding & Company has announced a total of 18 vehicles owned by the actor will be sold during an auction next month, including 16 spectacular Porsches.
We don’t know why a passionate collector would sell a portion of his collection all of a sudden, but Seinfeld says “the reason I wanted to bid these cars farewell in this way is really just to see the look of excitement on the faces of the next owners who I know will be out of their minds with joy that they are going to get to experience them.”
He also adds that he’s loved “being entrusted with their care” and he’s “proud of the level to which we have brought each and every one of these wonderful machines.”
The vehicles will be auctioned during the Amelia Island Auction on March 11 in Florida. Here’s the full list of models:
- 1973 Porsche 917/30 Can-Am Spyder
- 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder
- 1959 Porsche 718 RSK
- 1958 Porsche 356 A 1500 GS/GT Carrera Speedster
- 2000 Porsche Carrera GT Prototype
- 1990 Porsche 962C
- 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0 IROC RSR
- 1998 Porsche 993 3.8 Cup RSR
- 1963 Porsche 356 B 2000 GS Carrera 2 Coupe
- 1994 Porsche 964 Turbo 3.6 S Flachbau
- 1957 Porsche 356 A Speedster
- 2012 Porsche 997 GT3 4.0 Cup "Brumos Commemorative Edition"
- 1958 Porsche 597 Jagdwagen
- 2011 Porsche 997 Speedster
- 1989 Porsche 911 Speedster
- 1966 Porsche 911
- 1964 Volkswagen Camper
- 1960 Volkswagen Beetle