Vin Diesel has announced his newborn daughter will be named "Pauline" in memory of close friend Paul Walker.

Vin Diesel has announced his newborn daughter will be named "Pauline" in memory of close friend Paul Walker.

In an interview with The Today Show's Natalie Morales, Vin Diesel said he has agreed with his wife Paloma Jimenez to name their baby daughter "Pauline" to honor Paul Walker who passed away on November 30 while on the passenger seat of a Porsche Carrera GT. Vin Diesel motivated the decision by saying "it felt like a way... to keep his memory a part of my family and a part of my world."

Also in the interview taken during a helicopter ride above Los Angeles, Diesel said "there's no other person that I was thinking about as I was cutting this umbilical cord. I just... knew he was there."

Furious 7 is set to come out on April 3 and according to The Today Show, Paul Walker had filmed approximately 85% of his scenes before the tragic accident. The remaining 15% scenes were done with assistance from Paul’s brothers Cody and Caleb as well as through computer generated images.