Qatar Rally Team driver Nasser Al-Attiyah and co-driver Matthieu Baumel have won the 2015 Dakar Rally.
Leading from day two all the way to the finish and going fastest on six stages, the Qatar Rally Team driver and co-driver recorded a 35-minute advance in the 9,000-kilometre, 14-day marathon rally. This is Nasser’s second win on the Dakar following his triumph in 2011. This is also a fourth consecutive triumph for MINI.
“I promised last year when I was on the podium that I'd be back to win, and now I'm here,” commented winner Al-Attiyah. “It was very hard to lead the race from the very beginning and to continue keeping this position on the long distance. Also because the race was really hard. I'm very happy about this great result and I want to thank and congratulate all mechanics and the team for the great job they have done during the two weeks. The MINI ALL4 Racing is an incredible car and it was again very nice to drive.”
Giniel de Villiers with co-driver Dirk von Zitzewitz from the Toyota All Speed team finished second, while Krzysztof Holowczyc and Xavier Panseri became third.
Final standings after SS13:
1. Nasser Al-Attiyah (QAT)/Matthieu Baumel (FRA) Qatar Rally Team 40h 32m 25s
2. Giniel de Villiers (RSA)/Dirk von Zitzewitz (DEU) Toyota All Speed +00:35:34
3. Krzysztof Holowczyc (POL)/Xavier Panseri (FRA) Mini +01:32:01
4. Erik van Loon (NLD)/Wouter Roesegar (NLD) Mini +03:01:52
5. Vladimir Vasilyev (RUS)/Konstantin Zhiltsov (RUS) +03:12:41
6. Christian Lavieille (FRA)/Pascal Maimon (FRA) Toyota +03:15:58
7. Bernhard Ten Brinke (NLD)/Tom Colsoul (BEL) Toyota +03:42:02
8. Carlos Sousa (PRT)/Paulo Fiuza (PRT) Mitsubishi +03:44:59
9. Aidyn Rakhimbayev (KAZ)/Anton Nikolaev (RUS) Mini +04:08:44
10. Ronan Chabot (FRA)/Gilles Pillot (FRA) SMG +04:42:36