Mazda has unveiled the 2016 CX-5 at the Los Angeles Auto Show.
Set to go on sale next year, the facelifted model receives a minor refreshing that includes a new grille and restyled headlights. The crossover also has new 19-inch aluminum wheels and an updated color palette with Sonic Silver Metallic and Titanium Flash Mica.
Bigger changes occur in the cabin as designers added higher quality materials as well as a new center stack and center console. Other notable highlights include updated upholstery, improved seats and additional sound deadening material. The CX-5 also gains revised trim, larger storage compartments, an electronic parking brake and a Mazda Connect infotainment system.
In the United States, the model will be offered with a 2.0-liter SKYACTIV-G petrol engine that develops 155 bhp (115 kW) and 150 lb-ft (203 Nm) of torque. Customers can also order a 2.5-liter SKYACTIV-G petrol with 184 bhp (137 kW) and 185 lb-ft (249 Nm) of torque.
Europe, on the other hand, gets a variety of engines including:
- A 2.0-liter SKYACTIV-G petrol with 160 PS (121 kW) and 208 Nm (153 lb-ft) of torque
- A 2.0-liter SKYACTIV-G petrol with 165 PS (121 kW) and 210 Nm (155 lb-ft) of torque
- A 2.5-liter SKYACTIV-G petrol with 192 PS (141 kW) and 256 Nm (189 lb-ft) of torque
- A 2.2-liter SKYACTIV-D diesel with 150 PS (110 kW) and 380 Nm (280 lb-ft) of torque
- A 2.2-liter SKYACTIV-D diesel with 175 PS (129 kW) and 420 Nm of torque