The Fiat 500X has been spied wearing less camouflage than ever before.
Caught undergoing some final testing, the prototype is essentially a five-door Fiat 500 with an increased ride height. The model also has plastic body cladding, a tailgate-mounted spoiler and an upward sweeping beltline.
Engine options will likely be shared with the Jeep Renegade, so choices could include:
- A 1.4-liter MultiAir2 four-cylinder with 138 bhp (103 kW) and 170 lb-ft (230 Nm) of torque
- A 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo four-cylinder with 160 bhp (119 kW) and 170 lb-ft (230 Nm) of torque
- A 1.4-liter MultiAir2 Turbo four-cylinder with 168 bhp (125 kW) and 184 lb-ft (250 Nm) of torque
- A 2.4-liter MultiAir2 Tigershark four-cylinder with 184 bhp (137 kW) and 177 lb-ft (236 Nm) of torque
- A 1.6-liter MutliJet II turbodiesel four-cylinder with 118 bhp (88 kW) and 320 Nm (236 lb-ft) of torque
- A 2.0-liter MutliJet II turbodiesel four-cylinder with outputs of 138 bhp (103 kW) and 167 bhp (125 kW)
The 500X will go on sale in Europe this fall, while an American launch is slated for early 2015.