It's been awhile since we've heard about the 2016 BMW 5-Series but new details are starting to emerge about the upcoming model.
According to Autobild, the 5-Series will feature semi-autonomous driving technology and a significantly improved interior as the company wants to set "new standards in terms of surface quality and material appearance." The publication also says we can expect a revised iDrive controller and improved voice commands.
Engine options remain unconfirmed but could include:
- A plug-in hybrid variant with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor
- A 3.0-liter six-cylinder petrol engine with 354 PS (260 kW) and 500 Nm (368 lb-ft) of torque
- A 3.0-liter six-cylinder diesel with 347 PS (255 kW) and 660 Nm (486 lb-ft) of torque
- A quad-turbocharged M 550xd with 408 PS (300 kW) and 750 Nm (553 lb-ft) of torque
- A new M5 with 626 PS (460 kW) and an optional all-wheel drive system